10/9/12

Tuesday's Treasures



I had a few things to show you from the weekend. I have been looking for some little assorted cats to scatter throughout the house in different settings of my decor. So far, I haven't found any. But I was at a yard sale Saturday and she had a whole bag of cat figurines for just $1.00 total. So I bought them. 

A few were a little rough looking and I may not sue them.


I need to wash and clean them, but this little guy is going beside one of my ceramic pumpkins in the living room. 


I'm going to put this couple on a little shelf in the kids room. I think the girls would get a kick out of it. 


This set of 3 little kittens with a fish was really cute. Not sure where they will end up. 


This was a little vintage platter I picked up for .25 cents. I'm not sure if I will keep it. What looked like dirt must be some kind of embedded grease because it won't come clean and the old sticker on it won't come off. It is vintage from a company called Warwick and the date on it is 1935. So it is old. I'll see if I can get something that will clean it. 


But the thing that thrilled me the most was that my daughter-in-law gave me this carrier case for a baking dish. 


And check it out....IT'S PYREX! I have a non-Pyrex baking dish that fits it perfectly.


Now, I'm going to be on the lookout for a Pyrex baking dish to go with the carrier so I can take something in it to the next church pot luck dinner. They have them in solid colors. 


And some in patterns. I love the snowflake pattern because I have an oval casserole dish in this. 



And they have them in the clear with lids. 
All in all I got some great treasures to add to my collections. 

No comments: