12/11/12

My busy, hectic life

These past few days have been filled with activity. At the rate I'm going I won't just need the week after Christmas off...I'm going to need the MONTH after Christmas off.

It started out Friday with my normal day where hubby and I go to the grocery store and do a little Christmas shopping. It feels good to know that I'm getting a few things here and there. But one day next week I am going to take the whole day off by myself and shop until I have everybody done on my list. Friday night was the Knoxville Christmas parade and I went with my daughter because Shelby was in the parade. 


Saturday we went back to Knoxville to visit Mast General Store. I saw these neat oil lamps. I really need to get a new oil lamp based on how many times the power went out last winter. This looks so vintage. 


It was a beautiful day so we decided to take a walk over to Market Square. They have a Farmer's Market on Saturdays and it was a gorgeous day to stroll through the square.


I stopped at one booth and bought Hubby a cinnamon sugar donut to take home. It smelled so good I ended up eating it and had to go back and get some more to take home.  


After I came home, I baked four dozen cookies to take to our Sunday School Christmas program for the grandparents the next day. I baked Snickerdoodles and Gingerbread. 


My daughter had a "date" with her hubby for her birthday so Shelby stayed with me and Caleb stayed at his other grandma's house. After her bath, Shelby tripped and fell and hit her head on the porcelain part of the commode. She got a pump knot and a little bruise. I hate when they get hurt under my watch. She had to have an ice pack and a blankie. This was the blankie I won in May 2011 from Ms. Becky at Rise Above Your Limit.


Sunday morning was our little grandparents program at Sunday School. We got this awesome Christmas card from our grandchildren.  


And a box of snack mix that they decorated for us.


We got a bag full of goodies. 


 And I got an awesome gift bag from my Secret Sister. We find out on Wednesday who our Secret Sister is. I can't wait to give mine a HUGE hug. 


My gift bag also had this precious teddy bear in it. You know how I love teddy bears. He will be going on the trunk at the end of my bed with my others. 


Our choir Christmas program for church went very well. Then after church I went to the Thirty-One spring premier. It was awesome, fabulous, fantastic, mind blowing, oh my gosh words cannot convey how neat it was. We left with our new spring catalogs and I drooled over it all night. 


We also received one of the new products as a thank you for attending. The front cover theme is getting organized which is appropriate since it launches in January. New starts for new projects. So I am thinking I might just paint my office and use some of these new products to finally get it organized like I have been planning on doing for a year now. Stay tuned to see what transpires. This was our amenity for the Spring premier. I love this color and it goes well with the new taupe/grays they are using.


I also finished all my Christmas cards for church this weekend. Then I forgot to take them. But I can take them Wednesday. 


I went to my grandson Garret's Christmas program at school yesterday. It was so cute. I never tire of seeing the Grinch or watching Grandma get run over by the reindeer. 


Edgar swears I just plumb wore him out. He swears that he is so exhausted that he can't move another step so he just dropped down on the carpet and laid there. 


But I know it wasn't the busy weekend --- he was comatose from sugar overload! While I was gone Sunday to my Thirty One Premier, he was at home sneaking into the leftover cookies from Sunday School. I came home to find this. The proof is in the picture. 




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steph G! I can't believe Edgar ate all those cookies, i'm sure he is in a sugar high laying on the floor lol, tell him he needs toslow down eating all the sugar or he wowon't be doing any magical flying cause he will be to big lol :)

Patrice said...

I almost licked the computer screen with the donut picture! I totally understand the elf in the last two pictures. Elf on a shelf? Heck, no!Elf in the refrigerator, snack cupboard, grocery bag...

Rachel said...

Poor Edgar laying there with cookies all over him! You are in trouble, Mister! 🎄

nonie everythingsewing said...

Well, Edgar the elf is really getting into trouble this Christmas. Looks like very good cookies I can't blame Edgar for over dosing.

How do you keep going and going? Is it the cookies? if so could you send me some?
Nonie

Empty Nester said...

I might need a month off just to recover from reading about all your activities! :) The elf and the cookies picture had me nearly rolling on the floor! Hilarious!

nonie everythingsewing said...

I have tried to leave a comment the last couple of posts but they are not showing up. I wanted you to know just in case I am doing something wrong
Nonie

Norma said...

Since I have been in Nashville, I am trying to play catchup. Edgar has been in so much, it is going to be a job...catching up. I am going to be like Edgar "out" on the carpet and I didn't have any of the cookies to have a sugar high.