12/19/12

My motivator (or instigator)


Edgar has appointed himself as my personal motivator. Last night Mr. Bear and Edgar were reading Twas the Night Before Christmas.


When they got done, Edgar went investigating. He stood in disgust as he noticed there is not one single present wrapped and under the tree yet....which is so NOT the normal for me. 


Then he went snooping and found our stockings and wondered if I had done any shopping for Hubby's stocking. He thought he would get cute and try to put them on. Just a tad on the big side for him. 


So he went to see if I have any wrapping paper. As usual, he got side tracked. He was trying to use them for stilts. 


Next I thing I know, he is worried because we haven't started baking yet. He started snooping through the recipe cards to find the orange cookie recipe. (We'll share it later this week). 


Once he got it, he checked this fridge and realized I had bought the oranges yesterday. So he felt better because he knew I had a plan. 


He actually was very helpful when he accumulated all the ingredients into one place so I could grab everything with ease when I was ready to get started. 


Not leaving anything to chance, he decided to make me a list. You will notice that three of the five items revolve around cookies. I think he is getting excited. He has a thing for cookies. 


He was so busy he finally had to break into my Junior Mints and Orange Crush for a little Christmas snack. Thanks Edgar for all the help. You deserve your snack. 






5 comments:

Norma said...

That Edgar has made me tired again, 8 times he showed in today's blog. You had better check your Junior Mints and Orange Crush before you start all the other work. You don't want to have to make a store run before you can finish.

Rachel said...

That Edgar gets into everything! Orange cookies! Yummy!

nonie everythingsewing said...

I am so happy Edgar is finding the recipe for orange cookies as I misplaced mine and really miss it.
Edgar has just been such a busy, busy little elf. From wrapping to baking he sure is a big help.
Nonie

Kim said...

Lol Edgar is so helpful (wink)

Anonymous said...

Steph G! Edgar Is reading a book with bear, then going snooping and found your stockings! They were a little big tho :) walking on the wrapping paper stilts! Love it, but now we have to go find a recipe to make! He found all the ingredients for you! Then made you a to do list! Whew! All that work now he needs a break drinking orange crush, and eating Junior mints!