12/1/12

Some Vintage Pretties


Even though summer is over, even though yard sales are done, even though I am concentrating on Christmas instead of thrifting, it doesn't mean I'm not scouring the internet for vintage pretties to add to my wish list. Yesterday in one of my Facebook groups a lady posted a bowl she found for $1.99 at a thrift store. It is a CathrineHolms Enamelware bowl in Cobalt Blue. They are so rare that they normally go for about $60-$70. I have never seen nor heard of anybody that has seen one for that low of a price. This has to be the bargain of the century.  


Another pretty pattern I have never seen until yesterday was this Pyrex bowl. The pattern is called Horizon Blue.


I love the mixing bowl set in the Horizon Blue pattern. I may have to keep my eyes open for these. 


Craig's List has some good items in my area. This Verde Casserole is just $8.00. That is not a bad price since the casseroles rounds are usually harder to find. 


This was a pretty pattern on Craig's List. I would love to find this pattern (Pink Daisy, I think) in a different style of bowl.


I heard about something new last night and I just wanted to post it today as well. Many of you love Fiesta ware and many of you have fallen in love with Tervis Tumblers. Did you know that Fiesta and Tervis have combined forces to create a Fiesta Ware Tervis Tumbler? You can find them at places like Kohl's and Belk's that I know of for sure, but I'd say they will be other places as well. I like this one. 

Tervis Fiesta Warm Stripes Tumbler

One last item that I would love to find soon is the 1950's casserole dish in Snowflake pattern.

Vintage 1950s Pyrex Snowflake Casserole Dish

Well, my decorating is not going to finish itself this morning so I need to get busy. Have a blessed day. 






1 comment:

Rachel said...

I need those Fiestaware Tumblers to match my dishes. I will have to check into finding those. I'll check my Kohl's and see if they have them. I really like those. Thanks!