12/29/12

Wrapping it up


I don't know about you, but I am wrapping it up for Christmas. Everything is coming down today. All the boxes are going back into storage and my house is getting back to normal.

It's been a quiet week. I missed Chatting on the Porch with Patrice and the Wednesday Hodge Podge. I'm hoping they will both be back next week. I did enjoy Five Question Friday and it made me want to buy a pair of Tom's. I went to their site and saw several pairs I liked.

I went nuts over this pair. If I was going to splurge on shoes, this is the pair I would probably buy. They would look adorable with jeans.


I don't particularly like this next pattern, but I love the fur lining. 


These would be cute for spring. Especially since I own a lot of nautical outfits. I may have to get these. 


Well, I spent some time last night narrowing down my Pyrex list so I can be more specific about what I'm looking for. Topping my list are two pieces I need to complete two sets. First is the 444 Cinderella Bowl in Colonial Mist. That is the one I want the most right now.


And second will be the green bowl for the primary colors set. I understand that is the hardest one to find in that set. 


Then I want to start on some new collections, but not necessarily whole sets...just a piece of two. I want a bowl of any kind in the Lucky in Love set. I want it to display for Valentine's and St. Patrick's day.


I want something in the rainbow strips to use to decorate for Easter. I would fill it with Easter grass and some cute wooden eggs.


If I couldn't find the rainbow stripes, I would go with Gooseberry or Butterprint.


For spring, I would like to do a display with the daisy print. 



Then for Mother's Day, I would like to decorate with a pretty friendship bowl because my Mom is one of my best friends. 


For summer, I think I would like the Eyes pattern. 


Then when fall rolls around, I would want to have some of the wheat bowls. 


Then for Thanksgiving I would like to have something in the Woodland Pattern.


And for Christmas, any of the Christmas patterns would be awesome to find.


And I already have the snowflake bowl for January decor.


That might seem like a lot of new Pyrex, but it is only 11 new pieces that I'm looking for. Considering most of my finds are under $10 (a lot of them just $2 or $3), it's not much of an investment at all. 







5 comments:

Patrice said...

I like the darker blue Pyrex. So pretty. You're right, the first pair of shoes would look great with jeans.

Wendell and I will be ready for a good chat on Tuesday. See you then!

Kim said...

I didn't realize there were so many different pyrex patterns. It would be easy to get addicted. The Christmas ones are great. I have never seen any of those before.

Rachel said...

Good Luck on your finds! The little Christmas coffee cups are the ones I got when I was at your house in Nov. Remember the pyrex Christmas dishes I bought at the Antique store? I used them this year. I will keep my eyes open for what you want and let you know if I find any of your pieces. Happy New Year!

ThrifterSisters said...

I just saw the green primary bowl at St. Vincent de Paul yesterday for $3! Too bad you don't live closer. You have quite a list and I love everything on it. Good luck:-)

Erica

Breathing In Grace said...

That place over on 66 has Tom's. The Bee Hive, I think is the name?!? Somebody told me, I haven't been there in years. I have the Wheat Bowl....and I can't for the life of me remember where they came from. I'm don't know much about Pyrex. I think I have a small one in the Woodland pattern...but I do know that I found it...outside!! I think a dog must have carried it into our yard!! Can you believe that?!? And, I have a "fridgie"...didn't know that's what they're called. It was something that I got from Mamaw's estate!!! HOPE you have a very blessed 2013!!!