1/28/13

Pyrex Heaven


We have an antique store in our town that has a ton of booths in it. I have never found anything there, but somebody told me they had rearranged and had a lot of new vendors. I thought maybe there might be some Pyrex there. Last time I was there, they only had one or two pieces. Wow, new vendors really changed that. The first booth I walked in had this set. 


I am not even going to try to name all the various patterns I saw. I just know I saw some patterns I have never seen in person before. I fell in love with this one. 


The next booth had a variety of patterns. 


I had never seen the brown bowl in person, but it is one I really liked. If you look closely, you will see a set of the primary bowls to the right and the yellow primary on the top. 


That same booth had tons of assort patterns. 


This was another one I had never seen in person. It is really pretty. 


Walked around the corner to the next booth ad saw this. Some prices in the booths were outrageous. For example , Cinderella bowls in this booth were $49.00....for one bowl!


But another booth had more reasonable prices such as this Cinderella for $12.99


This was another pattern I have never seen. I am going to spend some time on Pyrex Love to see what all these patterns are sometime today. 


This wasn't a bad price but it wasn't particularly a style I'm looking for. 


By the time I spotted this, I was so overwhelmed that I just couldn't decide what to get. I love this and it is very rare to find an entire set with all the pieces....especially for $14.99. I had every intention of getting it, but it was up high and I was waiting on the sales clerk to get free to help me get it. So I kept looking around and forgot to go back. I was sick when I saw it on my camera this morning. I may try to run over there later today. I just need to check and make sure that is a good deal. Anybody?


The next booth was a continuation of more Pyrex. 


And I love the little snowflake cups. 


I have never seem this pattern either and there was no price, but it was pretty. 


Finally saw some fridgies in one booth. But it had a lot of damage and no lid. 


This one was cute, but not one of my favorite patterns. Plus this booth was kind of high. 


Then I looked up on the next shelf and she had a set of 12 fridgies. But she also had a price of $69.00 and a big note that she would not break the set up. Which was a shame because at $5.75 each, I would have snatched up a couple. 



I have this pink casserole but I don't have a lid. I need to find one. This was so pretty set on the blue snowflake one. They were under $15 each which wasn't bad. 


Not sure if this was Pyrex or Corelle. But the baking dish in the middle was definitely Pyrex. 


Look at this lovely set. I wanted to snatch these up in a heartbeat but at over $100 total I had to walk away. 


That same booth had a cream and sugar for $21.95. 


A beautiful set of butterfly gold Cinderella bowls. 


They had some other items that caught my eye other than Pyrex. Like this green set of dessert cups and saucers. 


I got a little excited when I saw the set of tulip bowls for $40.00...until I realized that $40 was for the small bowl only and the prices went up from there. 


I love this old canister set.  


And this cake set. Mom had one of these and I could just imagine this one holding a two layer home made chocolate cake with chocolate icing. Yummy!


I am taking hubby back over there because they had some wonderful milk bottles at reasonable prices. 


I figure that would be a good place to go for him to start his collection.  


So, are you wondering if I actually bought anything? Yes, I did. I was thrilled when I found this little Pyrex 700 Turquoise mini casserole dish for just $4.95. I fell in love. My first piece of turquoise with no pattern. It will be gorgeous with my pink flamingo dishes. I am really loving the mini pieces they made. 


But one of my favorite finds of the day was the Hazel Atlas Red Rooster mug. I have see these on Etsy for anywhere from $14.99 - $24.99. What was my cost? $3.49. What a great find. 


I am sure I will be going back later this week with hubby. 

5 comments:

Patrice said...

I never knew there were so many patterns of Pyrex. Wow!

retired not tired said...

I am overwhelmed by your Pyrex bowls. I would love the green glass dessert bowls and plates though I no longer collect.

Melissa said...

Goodness! I can see where you would be totally overwhelmed! Even with all the distraction you bought some great pieces!

Clairity said...

Wow, that's a lot of Pyrex. Some seem pretty pricey though, are they new? I wonder.

jennifer @ what would jen do said...

i am no in pyrex heaven. that pattern on the white teacups, my grandmother had those cups, that brings back memories, my new mission is to find those again!

 

Mamaw's Place Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design