1/15/13

What's up in your world?


What's up in your world? We have been suffering horrendous rains since late Sunday night. School is closed today due to area flooding. And we still have another 24-48 worth of rain heading this way. It has slacked off some this morning but more is on the way.


I made a cake yesterday and used some of my Pyrex and yard sale finds. I just love this little flamingo pink ramekin. I use it for so much. It's fast becoming my favorite piece of Pyrex. 


I am still amazed that I actually found my Pyrex Hamilton Beach mixing bowl. Did you know there were two versions? One says Hamilton Beach on the bottom and one says Pyrex Hamilton Beach on the bottom. Don't have a clue why, but I actually saw both of them side by side in the same store when I bought mine. They were the same price. Everything is exactly identical unless you flip them over and one says Pyrex. Guess you know I had to have the Pyrex one. 


With the holidays and my Thirty-One events, I have really gotten the use out of this little basket. I found it at a yard sale for $1 or less. I bought it even though I thought I would never use it. I have used it so much the past six months that it isn't funny. 


Does anybody know what brand this casserole dish is? I don't know if it is vintage or recent but it has gold leaves similar to what and little birds. The bottom just says 18. Would love to identify it. One of my favorite pieces from a yard sale for a buck.


I put some cookies in this to serve at party recently. It is an awesome serving dish for cookies, candies, chips and dips. This was the last time I will use it though because I traded it in my Pyrex trade group. The new piece is on the way but I'm not going to share it until it gets here. I'm getting excited. 


I baked a cake yesterday (yellow with chocolate icing). Guess you can see it was a big success last night. 


My daughter had a Thirty-One party and everybody got to see some of the new spring products. It was awesome. We have an order going in on Saturday. If you need anything, let me know and I will send you the link to sign up on-line. I'm donating my commissions this month to help raise funds for my grandson Garret's eighth grade trip to New York. 


And last but not least. I am a big Snoopy fan. Always have been. Always will be. I hate to exercise so I knew this sign was just for me.  


Of course it could be argued that all the running around and activities that I do are a form of exercise. I probably burn more calories in one weekend than most people do in a week of going to the gym. 

3 comments:

Tammy Enjoy Life said...

So much rain here I am beginning to feel like I need a canoe! I need some cold weather and snow. I am a big fan of Thirty-One.

ThrifterSisters said...

I see the Hamilton Beach Pyrex bowls quite a bit at the thrift stores around here. I actually just saw both the larger and smaller this morning! I always think of you when I see them so it's pretty funny that you blogged about them this morning:-)

Stay dry!

Erica

nonie everythingsewing said...

Has your weather gotten better? We are just plain cold here.

Doesn't need to be a week-end, you are one of the busiest ladies I know.

Good luck with your sales.

Nonie