10/24/13

Chocolate vs. Peanut butter fudge


My favorite candy recipes are hand me downs from my Mom. I think the chocolate one was also made by my Mamaw but not really sure. Some people call them fudge, but we always called the chocolate one chocolate candy. Not sure why. But I thought I would share my recipe with you today.


Chocolate Candy

2/3 Cup Cocoa
3 cups sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups milk

Mix together in a large sauce pan and place over medium heat. Cook to the soft ball stage. Remove from heat and add the following:

4 1/2 tablespoons Parkay margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla

Beat until it looks like it is about to start setting up. Pour in a butter platter and let cool. Cut, eat and enjoy.

Peanut Butter Fudge

2 cups sugar
2/3 cup milk

Mix together in a medium sauce pan and place over medium heat. Cook to the soft ball stage. Remove from heat and add the following:

1 teaspoon vanilla
1 heaping tablespoon of  peanut butter

Beat until it looks like it is about to start setting up. Pour in a butter platter and let cool. Cut, eat and enjoy.

No comments: