I'm joining From this Side of the Pond for the weekly Hodge Podge Questions.
1. What's one thing you learned in September?
How to relax. For the past 13 years, I have worked in an industry where I had to take my laptop and cell phone so customers could reach me wherever and whenever. Every vacation for the pat 13 years has included accepting customer calls, checking emails and doing a small amount of work on my vacation. But this year, I work for a gentleman who believes vacations are meant to be enjoyed. So hubby and I spend 7 glorious days at Myrtle Beach. I read. I crafted. I antique shopped. I spend the majority of my time though just setting on the beach with my nose buried in a book or laying back in my chair for a little nap. I actually read three entire books in one week. It was pure and total relaxation. It has been so long since I have done that. I really needed it.
2. Acorn squash, butternut squash, spaghetti squash, yellow squash, zucchini squash, or blech! hold the squash... what's your favorite squash? What's your favorite way to prepare your favorite squash?
Not just BLECH! but YUCK as well. To me squash is something you play with a ball and a racket in a four-walled court with a small, hollow rubber ball.
3. The older I get the_______________________________.
The more accepting I get. I don't let people get to me like I used to. I accept others for what they are and try not to judge. I also find that I don't sweat the small stuff. The older you get, the more you realize what does and doesn't matter. I try to enjoy every day to the fullest. A speaker friend of mine told this and it has stuck with me "It's always a good day when you can wake up on this side of the dirt." Kinda puts it in perspective doesn't it?
4. What's your favorite television theme song ever?
Oh my it has to be Hawaii Five-0. The music just makes me want to dance. As a matter of fact, I usually do when it comes on. It is just the coolest theme song ever....even though there are no words.
5. What do you wish you'd spent more time doing five years ago?
I can't really think of anything for this. Five years ago I started my own business and was really focused on building it. God has really blessed me so I don't try to second guess the should've could've would'ves.
6. What item do you most need (or want) to add to your wardrobe this fall?
It's a want and it is a new pair of jeans that fit good that are "real" jeans and not Mom jeans. I also want a nice pair of brown loafers to wear with them. If it is not the style now, I don't really care. It's what I really want. Would love advice and opinions on a good brand of jeans.
7. On October 2, 1950 the Peanuts cartoon was introduced to the world. What was your favorite cartoon when you were a kid?
Bugs Bunny. I still love it today. If I hear Looney Tunes come on I have to stop and watch it for a minute.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I am officially "behind" on putting my Halloween decorations up. With September zipping by so fast, I haven't really enjoyed the fall decor yet. I leave it up through Thanksgiving, but usually around October 1st I start adding some of the Halloween in with it. I am going to do it this weekend.