10/25/13

Party Planning


I am having an Origami Owl party tomorrow night and I have been contemplating my menu. I want to incorporate some fall/Halloween items into my menu. Here are a few ideas I  have seen this week. Since I am planning on an assortment of ham, roast beef, and turkey sandwiches, I thought it would be neat to cut them in cookie cutter shapes using pumpkin cutters.



I will pre-make some PB & J for the kids that will be there. I'm going to try to find a bat cookie cutter.

Bat Sandwiches on MyRecipeMagic.com

I'm going to use some of my Pryex for serving dishes that have the fall patterns.


I purchased some cute plates and napkins at Target last weekend to use for the party.


I think I'll make some spice cookies with caramel icing. I made some last year for Christmas and they were a huge hit.


I'm also going to mix up some candy corn and honey roasted peanuts for a snack mix. They are awesome together. It's like eating a Pay Day bar.


My daughter-in-law told me a cute idea for cookies for the kids. You dip Nutter Butter cookies in melted white chocolate and add mini chocolate chips for the eyes. Isn't this adorable. 


My daughter-in-law gave me a recipe for sausage balls called Lovin' Spoonfuls. I'm excited to get started.


No comments: