3/3/14

Look what a $5 bill can buy....


Someone told me about a thrift store I had never been to. She said the prices were really good and they had a huge selection. So Saturday, I headed out to see what they had. The first thing I found was this spring dishtowel. I think I may put an applique on it, but not sure yet. The colors go really good with all my spring Pyrex bowls. 


The next thing that caught my eye that I just had to get were these little metal tulips. They were so vintage looking...even if they aren't vintage. I fell in love with them.


Next were these little Easter ducks. They are the cutest little things. I can't wait to decorate for Easter so I can display them. 


The last thing, and my favorite find of the day was this milk glass planter. I had just told my daughter that morning that I wanted to find some milk glass planters to use in my new office that will be completed in the next few weeks. I love plants and was beyond thrilled when I found this planter. I don't know what plant I will put in it, but I knew I had to have it.


So I took all my finds up to the counter. I got a discount because I was over 55 and then they added the tax. I handed her a $5.00 bill AND I got change back. You can't beat a deal like that.