3/31/14

Oh my, we moved our office!


Moving day finally arrived. We moved our office this past Friday. We packed up that morning and by 4:00 we were in our new spaces. Of course, we just had a short move and we had new furniture already in the new office so it didn't take long. I have lots of room. I have my regular desk which in itself is so much room.


I have a file cabinet/work station part to the desk as well. Plenty of room to spread out my projects to work on. 


And there was a lovely matching credenza with even more filing space. No more ugly metal file cabinets right in my office. 


The finished product. I still need a couple more plants and we are getting some things to hang on the wall, but other than that I am ready to get started working in my new area. 


I did some spring cleaning over the weekend. I am going to cover the cushions of my porch swing since the bottom seats are starting to show some wear. Until I can buy some material, I just took a piece of what I had that was big enough to tug in around the bottom cushion. Not perfect, but a lot better than what it was. I had to set on it and enjoy the sunshine so I messed it up a little, but I plan to cover them with some springy this weekend. 


I bought a couple of wind socks to hang from the porch roof. You can't tell in this picture, but there is a cute little bumble bee on one of the flowers. Of course, I had to have that. 


I couldn't get a good shot of the bunny rabbit one because the wind kept blowing it. 


I finally found a little flag stand at the Dollar Tree. I got this little flag at a yard sale for a quarter last year and haven't been able to hang it. Of course, there is a bee.


Just one of the random items I hang out every spring. 


I fixed my table for Easter finally. 


And I finally changed my bakers rack to my spring Pyrex and decor.


I even had enough to do two shelves. I love it. 


A perfect place to drape my spring dishtowel made by Stevie Marie's


And my little tulip creamer I found at an antique store for five bucks.


I found these little tulips in a thrift store and couldn't wait to use them. 


I also got me a new English Ivy plant for my milk glass vase for the new office. I love how it turned out. 


I took myself to Golden Corral after church yesterday so I could run up to Home Depot to check their plants. I treated myself to a sampling of several desserts. It was really good. In my defense, I did have a regular meal before I hit the dessert bar. 


I even found time during the busy weekend to change the desktop background on my computer to Easter. I am finally in a spring mood.


Have a great Monday.


3 comments:

Stephanie G. said...

Everything looks so good in the office :) and all your Easter items are so cute!!

Anonymous said...

Nice office set-up. I, on the other hand, was the lucky office to get stuffed with MORE file cabinets! They are taking over my space pretty much and now folks walk in and out all day digging in the files! NICE...

Love your bakers rack Easter set up and love the pyrex greens and all. I am looking for similar pieces but no luck yet.
GADawn57

Terri D said...

You certainly ARE ready for Spring!! It all looks wonderful, and your new office is spacious and so organized! Wow!!