3/20/14

You gotta love a bargain....


Our local Staples is getting ready to remodel. As a result, they are holding a lot of clearance sales and sending out a lot of coupons. I have been buying my home office supplies there for years so I have a rewards card that provides me with coupons as well. I received some coupons the other day and decided to drop in and see what was on sale. 


The first thing I looked at was their battery charger. I needed a new one for AA batteries and figured if I had a coupon to help pay for it, maybe I should see what they had. They had what I was looking for at a price of $12.99. That price wasn't bad compared to the ones at Walmart which weren't the quality the one at Staples was. 


Next, I needed a package of Martha Stewart dividers for my notebook. I love her line of products. They had them for $4.99 which was $1 less than usual so I picked up a pack.


I was looking for a small pink notebook to keep notes in for the National Conference I am attending this year. This was perfect and it was Martha Stewart as well. It was normally $1.99.


I decided to breeze by the clearance section just to see what they had. I found the perfect tray for my IN/OUT files. I have those plastic ones that always seem to crack eventually from the heavy load of paperwork that crosses my desk. This wasn't priced, but I thought it was exactly what I needed. So I took it with me to check out and had her scan it first since it was on clearance and is a very sturdy solid piece, I figured I would get it no matter what the price. Imagine my delight when the scanner said it was just $1.00!


Before coupons the price was $20.97. She rang up my coupons and then applied sales tax on the new balance. My final cost out of pocket was a whopping $1.83. That's right, just $1.83 for all this. You gotta love a bargain.







1 comment:

Terri D said...

WOW!!! You went shopping at the right time, that's for sure! Excellent bargains!!