3/26/15

A little spring in my kitchen....

I finally got around to decorating for spring and summer on my wine rack. One thing I love about this rack is all except for a couple of items are vintage finds from thrift store, yard sales or my Pyrex trade groups.


I bought my rooster at a gift shop in Gatlinburg, TN. The picture of the rooster on the fence was taken at a local attraction called Circle G Ranch. It was taken by my oldest grandson, Garret, when he was about 12. I bought the little bowl and the eggs at an awesome antique store, Nostalgia, in Knoxville, Tn.


I traded a Fire King square cake pan to get this Glasbake hydrangea loaf pan. My friend Georgeanna makes me these colorful dish cloths I thought these looked really cute rolled up and stored in the loaf pan.


I love my Holt Howard kitten salt & pepper shakers. They are from the late 1950's. I found them on E-bay on auction. I rarely ever, ever buy from E-bay because of the expensive shipping. But these were $9 with free shipping and nobody had bid on them. I waiting till the zero hour and nabbed them for $9. I saw a pair on their yesterday for $49.99. I did good. I love my metal tulips that I picked up for 10¢. And my pitcher was a steal at $3.25 at His & Hers Resale Shop. I saw it on Etsy ranging from $19.99 - $24.99.


I'm really excited about my shelf. I love changing it for the holidays. We have had beautiful days this week with the weather up in the 70's. I have worn capris and flip flops this week. Today will be more of the same. Late evening will bring rain and thunder storms. Cooler temps in the 40's for Friday and Saturday with a small chance of snow flurries. UGH! Just when I thought my flip flops were out to stay.


1 comment:

Terri D said...

Oh my gosh! I have that yellow bowl! I use it all the time and it is scratched and not pretty at all, but I have that bowl! I'm tuned into Pyrex now. Not collecting it, but am aware - all because of your blogs! Why am I so excited?! LOL

Your cats are so darn cute! Love them.