4/25/15

Changing it up....

My dear friend GeorgeAnna made me this cute jar at Easter. She told me she put the bunny on with Velcro so I could change the jar out for holidays or everyday use. 


I love the way she did it and will do it back like this for Easter next year. And I love it filled with eggs. But you can't keep Easter eggs in for everyday use. So I have been thinking and thinking on what I want to do with it. Last night, I had a light bulb moment.


I am going to get some chicken wire and cover the outside of the jar. Looked on Pinterest to see if it could be done and yes, others have done it.


Then I will buy some of those plastic brown and white eggs that look so real. I already have a dozen I found at an antique store for $3.00. I have white so I need to find some brown so I can get the look below.


Next, I will paint the lid black. GeorgeAnna had mentioned to me I could paint it for any occasion.


Then I am going to buy some red checkered ribbon to tie around the rim under the lid, where she has the pink ribbon.


And I am going to find a sitting hen figurine to put on the top of it. 


Don't you think that will be cute. I can still change it up at holidays and just always get the lid black. My holiday ideas would be to fill it with those red, white and blue sparkly plastic stars for the 4th of July and put a little flag figurine on top of it.


And at Christmas I could fill it with assorted Christmas balls and put a tree on the top.


And in January I could fill it with white Styrofoam balls of assorted sizes and put a snowman on top.


A lot of great ideas for an awesome jar.



2 comments:

Terri D said...

Such cute ideas!!

Rachel said...

Those are great ideas! I really like the chicken and eggs! That is going to be so cute!