4/17/15

Flitterin' Friday

My thoughts are flitterin' everywhere this morning. I am going to have a yard sale in the next few weeks so I am cleaning out closets. I found the roosters that belonged to my Grandma Garretson, (though I originally thought they belonged to Mamaw Eden). They are old and fragile. Lots of chips and nicks. The paint is worn and you can see where she has had to glue them back together a time or two. I need to find a safe spot for them in my kitchen.


The third one I had is the one I am giving to my sister, Rachel. I know she will love it. I told her we will have to visit to exchange it. No way am I risking shipping it as fragile as they are.


There is a Thirty-One bag that I love and it is the Organizing Utility Tote. They have discontinued it and replaced it with the Zip Top Organizing Utility Tote. I don't like the one that zips at well, but I still like all the pockets and the room inside. I am in love with the Bubble Bloom Pattern. I would really like to have this bag, but for some reason I have not bought it.

Then last night when I was going through my closet, I found one from last spring that I earned for free. That pattern was the Citrus Medallion. I even earned the free Medium Zipper Thermal to go with it. I had forgotten all about it. I even had it personalized with Flitterin' on the other side. It is basically the same colors that are in the bubble bloom pattern, but I love the fact that it is the original Organizing Utility Tote...no zip top. I am so excited that I found it. 


I decided to dig further in the storage to see what other Thirty-One I had. I had forgotten about my craft I got for free from my first party over 3 years ago before I ever started selling it. I put my new yarn project in it and my scissors and other craft paraphernalia in the matching mini zipper pouch. Now I'm ready to start my craft project today.


That triggered me going through all my Thirty-One items to decide on the perfect bag for conference. I put my normal conference items in each bag to test it. Turns out almost everything I have has two straps so I have to worry about straps being aggravating or slipping off my shoulders. Some bags were too big, some were too small. The things that were cross body were not big enough. I knew we couldn't take back packs but I checked and found out the Cinch Sac would work. I am going to have a party in May and with my free hostess credit, I am going to order this for my conference bag. So happy to have that problem solved.


Well, tomorrow is the 4th annual yard sale in Sevierville, TN. It started out as a 7 mile yard sale four years ago. The title has changed as it has grown. This year it is the 10 mile yard sale. I got fabulous bargains every year. Even scored some Federal, Pyrex, and Fire King bakeware a time or two. I am looking for a nice rug for my office and a flower pot for my philodendron. Obviously I will be checking out anything vintage. I would love to find a good buy on a TV for my home office. The one I bought 3 years ago for $5.00 does not work with my HD box for Direct TV. I am also going to look for some vintage aprons. Here's a pic of one spot from previous years.


Hope everybody has a great weekend.


1 comment:

Terri D said...

Those miles-long sales are turning up in lots of states now. Let us know how yours goes and what great bargains you score!