4/23/15

It's been an amazing week...

It has been a hectic, busy, amazing week at work. I thought I would just do a mid-week update to share what's been going on. Monday, I went and got my hair cut short. Really short. Then I decide to color it with a light ash blonde. It is so easy to take care of. I am loving it. The lighter color makes me happy as well. It amazed me how much more productive I feel when I like my hair. 


Then Tuesday, I was at work when the bosses wife, my friend Stevie, came out in the office and told me she needed me to go somewhere with her to help carry boxes. So I went. We went to a place called Courthouse Donuts and decided to have lunch there. 


It was so quaint. I just loved the decor.


We ordered and went into the dining room. We sat at the table in the front corner by the window.


This gave me a perfect angle to get some good pictures. It wasn't quite lunch time so we had it to ourselves for the first 15 minutes. I absolutely love the decor.


I like the fact that they even decorated the doors that separated the two rooms. 


They had a cute little table in the corner with my favorite plant, a Boston fern. 


Our view was of the Sevier County Courthouse which was built in 1892 and remodeled in 1970. It is the pride of Sevier County.


I had a ham sandwich for lunch which was served Panini style. It was delicious.


Stevie opted for the Rueben sandwich which she says was delicious as well. 


When we were done eating, I finally found out what boxes I was there to help carry. She bought 4 boxes of donuts for the staff for Administrative Assistants day. Now that is the kind of box I can help carry.


They have a very unique donut shop. They make nothing but plain cake donuts. Then she stand at a topping center and custom design your own donuts much like you do a Subway sandwich. We decided to have one each before we left.


I asked them to dip mine in chocolate frosting, then dip it in crushed Butterfingers and then drizzle caramel over the whole thing. The result was nothing short of heavenly. Best donut ever. 


There were so many choices. Stevie decided to go with a simple vanilla icing dip then she had them drizzle chocolate, caramel and honey over hers. You can tell by looking at it that it was fantastic.


Then it was getting close to time to pick up her daughter from school, but we had a few minutes to kill. So we went to our favorite antique store that is near the entrance to the school. I fell in love with this dishtowel. It is perfect for my kitchen. But it was $8.00...and stained. There was no way I was paying that. But I took a pic and I'm going to look for material with the checks and colors in this and see if I can make an applique of it.


But I did find this little Pyrex salad plate for just $3.00. I love this pattern. I have some things in the gray version. 


As if that wasn't that day wasn't exciting enough, all three of us girls in the office came into work on Administrative Assistants day and found a card with something special in it and our own box of donuts to take home with us. They were all assorted and this was the box I got. They are divine. You get 13 1/2 donuts per box. Courthouse Donuts says 12 represent a jury, 1 represents a judge and the half donuts represents that you have a 50% chance of being found guilty of eating too many donuts. I agree. They are delicious.


Then after we had been there a little while, Stevie came out and got me and Jamie and took us to Randall Ogle Gallery. Randall is a famous local artist who paints scenes of the mountains and Cades Cove as well as other paintings. He is related to Jamie and I have always loved his work. So when Stevie said we could get paintings for the office, that is where we wanted to get them. I apologize for the glare on the pictures. But I got to get three for my office. I didn't realized until I got back to the office that all three of mine had dogwood trees in them. Which is my favorite tree so that was pretty cool. The one on the left was painted in memory of his mother, Mary Lee. The one on the right is the old Methodist church in Cades Cove.


This one is of Meigs Falls in the Great Smoky Mountains.


Even among all the excitement this week, I have managed to get work done and keep my workload up to date. It has just been an amazing weeks so far. 





4 comments:

Terri D said...

Yum, yum, yum. That's a yum for the sandwiches, a yum for all the donuts, and a yum for the great art! You have a fantastic boss!

Jeanette said...

Wow! You had a nice Administrative Prof. Day! I just got flowers. Have a good week!

Rachel said...

I will be trying the donuts when I come down! Yummy! I love the pictures!

Breathing In Grace said...

I think I just gained 5 lbs looking at your donut!!! It looks so good! I never got treated that nice when I worked in an office....so happy you have such a great workplace!