4/28/15

Weekend wrap up

We headed out Saturday morning to the National Cornbread Festival 2 1/2 hours away. We figured we would hit rain and we did around 7:00 that morning.


But by the time we got there around 9:00, it was blue skies and sunshine the rest of the day.


The streets of South Pittsburg, TN become a miniature craft fair. Saw lots of unique artisans. Even visited one Antique store. Well, this town was apparently a dry county when it came to Pyrex. Not a piece of Pyrex, Glasbake, Fire King or Federal to be found.


They had some amazing food....roasted corn on the cob, deep fried pickles, corn dogs, bloomin' onions and of course beans and cornbread. 


As we were heading back home, we passed a Hobby Lobby and I needed some plastic canvas so we stopped. I needed new yarn so I chose this variegated skein.


And this one as well. I love all the unique colors. It is blended so well. 


At the craft fair, I had picked up a couple of pot holders with the farm theme for my kitchen.


Then when I was in Hobby Lobby, I found this adorable chicken and used my coupon to get it for just $4.00. I love it.


One day last week, I had found me a rooster rug for the front of my kitchen sink. I was very pleased with how it looked.


When I went to the store after we got home on Saturday night, I found this new Hershey's product. Individually wrapped milk chocolate caramels.


Look how creamy and delicious they look. They just melt in your mouth. They are the perfect sweet because just one calms your craving but is too rich to want a second one immediately.


Then Sunday afternoon, I was browsing around on Facebook and my friend Stevie tagged me in a dish towel she made for me. Isn't this just adorable. I love it.


We had a great weekend. I just hated seeing it end. But I did store up some good memories of a great weekend with Hubby.

Great #quote for a Monday. Or any time you need #inspiration






2 comments:

Rachel said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend. I love the towel Stevie made you! I also like your little rug. I'm going to the cornbread festival next year!

Terri D said...

Not only do you find the best items when you are out and about, but you also find the best festivals!! I LOVE cornbread and beans. So good, and takes me right back to my mom's kitchen!