7/20/15

Simple, cheap and adorable


I was shopping this weekend and found the neatest thing. Chalkboard tape. Since I am obsessed with chalkboard stuff lately, I had to get a roll. It was about $3-$4.00. Then I had to find some craft ideas for it. I already had some chalk. As I was putting up dishes, I went to stick a Mason jar in the cabinet when inspiration hit. So I gathered my supplies....


I rolled the tape around the jar to get a measurement to cut the right length, allowing extra for overlapping.


The awesome thing about this tape is it is not sticky as you pull it off. I actually has a peel off paper backing on it. So when you cut it you don't have to worry about it sticking to everything. So I peeled the paper off. 


I slowly started putting it around the jar, smoothing out any wrinkles as I went. Oh, and did I mention it is removable. So if you get it uneven, just peel it off and try again. 


I had left plenty for overlapping so I was able to finish it off nicely.


Then I stuck my markers in it and wrote on the tape. Now I'm off to search the cabinets for more smooth jars so I can do one for Pens and one for Pencils. 


This was just so fun and so simple. Not to mention it feels good when you can do a craft from start to finish in 5 minutes. 

1 comment:

Terri D said...

Once again another wonderful idea!