1/28/16

My rambling thoughts for Thursday....


A couple of years ago, hubby and I were at the beach when it was a Harvest moon. We watched the entire rise of the moon. It was awesome.


I am finally getting motivated to write my book I have said I wanted to write for years. I wrote a little one about 42 pages about 10 or more years ago. This is a photo that was on the back cover. It is our yard and the view of our old country road.


I saw this post and it made me shudder. I guess this is what you get when a dog lover marries a Pyrex collector. But oh, I cannot see me doing this with my beautiful Pyrex.


Thought this was just a cute post.


I found this on an old post. I need to find the directions for it. It's too cute.


I would love to find this little hob nail milk glass piece. I have never seen it before. Isn't it a beauty.


I got this card at a yard sale for just $2 or $3 a couple of years ago. I still haven't done anything with it. It has taken me this long to finally decide on a color. I am going to go with yellow. Question for you refinishers....spray paint of brush paint?


And last but not least....Not the first time I saw this and I'm sure it won't be the last....but it makes me laugh every time. 


And I have a question. Do any of you see your followers number fluctuate. I have lost 9 followers in the last two weeks. I just found it strange. I lost seven of them overnight last week. Then another one two days ago and one yesterday. This hasn't happened before and I thought it was strange. It's no big deal because my page views have continually climbing. I hat the highest page views ever on my blog one day this week. But it just makes me wonder why all of a sudden like that. Am I getting boring? Have I done or written something offensive? Who knows. Just curious if anybody else ever had that happen. 

6 comments:

Simply Linda said...

It's Blogger, Brenda. They made changes--go to Bloggers homepage and read about. sorry, I don't have the link in front of me at the moment)---I always enjoy visiting here--although my time visiting will be sporadic due to school, smiles.

Debbie Huffaker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debbie Huffaker said...

I think the follower issue has to do with changes Google made. Those without a Google account can't follow or comment, so follower count dropped. Great news about your book....what's it going to be about? And I would use Krylon spray paint for metal. It's a great paint...Wal-Mart has it!!

ThrifterSisters said...

My sister uses an Early American 444 Cinderella bowl as the water dish for her dog. The only reason I am okay with it is that I'm not a big fan of that pattern. Now if it was a turquoise or pink? I'd be taking that bowl! I can't believe you still haven't painted that cart! I have 2 in my kitchen and don't know what I'd do without them. One is aqua and one is red. I can see you doing red or yellow. And definitely spray paint. It will look much smoother!

Erica

Terri D said...

I have been tempted to remove the followers from my page because it drives me crazy. I'll have 55, then I have 57, then I have 54 and I don't keep a list to know who is coming and going. The people I care about are still with me and have me in their feeds. There are some followers I would like to delete because I don't know who they are and they don't leave comments. Not sure what is up with it. I'm deciding to not let it worry me. Only a dozen or less ever comment anyway.

I love the milk glass! Hope you find it!

Debbie Huffaker said...

So sorry about duplicate comments....that happens from my phone sometimes...operator error!!! LOL

 

Mamaw's Place Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design