6/21/16

Altoids Tin

When I was at the beach, this was in a General Store and I thought it was so cute. 


Upon closer inspection, I noticed it was simply an Altoids box covered up. So last night, I decided to see what else you could make with those cute little tins. I was blown away. You could spend hours finding new ideas. Here are a few of my favorites. Perfect for tea bags. Place some of your favorite bags in the tin, get a small gift basket and add a new coffee cup, a pretty coaster and maybe a favorite book or some snack cookies and you have an amazing "anytime" gift.


Back to school kit.


What a wonderful Countdown to Christmas.  


A cute tooth fairy spot.


An emergency kit for those times you need a little repair.


This is my favorite. Look at the pics "framed" in the lid. They add little beads to make legs, covered cardboard to divide the box and a pretty clasp.


They just rolled up felt and inserted in this box to make a ring box. I am definitely doing this before I go to conference.


Aww, a cute teddy tin. But I would put something on the lid of the box. Paint or scrapbook paper. 


Tic Tac Toe fun. Great to keep in the car for kids on long trips.


Another great one for kids. They can draw with chalk on the lid, or use the notepad and crayons inside to draw that way.


I love this one. I think because my grandson Colby would probably love this. Especially when he is having to patiently way somewhere like a restaurant or something. 


I saw several ideas I may try to do. I will update with pics if I do. 

2 comments:

Terri D said...

Once again you found some really great ideas to share with us! Can't wait to see pictures of the ones you decide to create!

ThrifterSisters said...

Who knew there were so many great uses for an old Altoid's tin?