7/1/16

Friday Foto Friends

I'm joining Friday Foto Friends at Breathing In Grace

I was going through some things the other night and found this. It is me and my big sister when we were 3 1/2 and 2 1/2. I am the one on the right. Those are natural curls. Mom didn't even have to use rollers. She would wash our hair and comb it out and the curls just sprang up. 


Having a sister is like no other experience in the world. We have always been extremely close and even 300 miles apart hasn't changed that. We are always on the same wave length with things that it is spooky. I decided to collect Pyrex and called her to ask her if she remembered the old Pyrex people use to have. When I called, before I could even tell her, she started telling me she was redoing her kitchen and starting to collect vintage Pyrex to put in it. 


Then she called me to tell me she was putting roosters in her kitchen and I had just bought me 3 new roosters to start collecting them in my kitchen. So when I moved, I decided to put some birds and bird houses in my dining room. I called to tell her only to find out that the week before she had bought a new bird house and was collecting birds and bird house. 


It is freaky. You would think we were twins the way we always think alike. She's my best friend and I love her with every beat of my heart. I miss her when we don't get to talk or get to go visit each other. But when we get together, nothing has changed. We pick up right where we left off. 


I love you, Sis.





3 comments:

Breathing In Grace said...

So precious....I've always wanted a big sister....instead, I am one. ;-) I love that first picture of you all. I read your comments on FB of why you were so upset. LOL Thanks for linking up and I HOPE you have a great 4 day weekend....just be safe.

Visits With Mary said...

Sweet thoughts and sweet pictures! I don't have a sister, so many times I wished I did, so the Lord gave me 3 daughters! Have a great day.

Terri D said...

That is great having such a close relationship with your sister! Mine are six and nine years younger, so the two of them are much closer than they are with me, but we sure do love each other, just the same.