7/2/16

This is unbelievable...

Occasionally, I will check E-bay to see what items are selling for. I am going to part with a few pieces of Pyrex at an upcoming sale so I decided to see what the going price is on E-bay. For fun, I like to just type in vintage Pyrex, sort by highest price and select sold. Oh. My. Goodness. This piece went for $1625.00. Yep, $1625.00. That is not a typo. Somebody has more $'s that they do sense. I feel guilty if I pay over $12.00 for one piece. I will go as high as $20.00 if it is something that will complete my set but my sweet spot is actually to find them for $3.00 - $8.00 per piece.


I also saw where someone paid $1500.00 for this entire set of vintage Fire King Jadeite. I know that is a lot of pieces but $1500.00 is still a lot of money.


I have long admired the Hazel Atlas dot pattern. Till I saw how much people are paying for them. This set went for $300.00. I have never seen any of the pieces "in the wild". So if I ever come back here and post I found of these bowls for $5 - $8, do a happy dance with me.


I have a beautiful piece of Fenton glass. It is hobnail milk glass in white. A basket from the 1960's. Decided to see what it is going for on E-bay. The highest it sold for was $19.99, but the average was $12.99. However this Fenton cat went for $818.00. For a figurine of a cat. That's absurd.


I love salt dips. They fascinate me because they are not very big. Just little small things to put salt at each plate. I refuse to pay more than $3.00 per salt dip because they are so little. I saw these Fenton salt dips sold on E-bay for $215.26. That is $53.82 per salt dip. 


I guess nothing surprises me in the world of vintage after seeing all this. 






3 comments:

Terri D said...

I'm with you on the prices I'll pay for something, and I enjoy bargain shopping. I'm excited that I got a $38.00 top yesterday for $4.53. It was on clearance for 80% off, then I got 50% of the clearance price. Someone was either Pyrex crazy or just has more money than she needs. That is a crazy price for one piece. Wow!

Lady Jane said...

I love the jade pieces. My mom had a few when I was young. But the prices stymy the mind, lol... Hugs, LJ

Nonnie said...

I guess I just don't get the pride of owning an old Pyrex dish. This is the first time I've ever heard of a salt dish. Wow!