8/15/16

Weekend wrap up...


Not a whole lot to wrapping up a weekend when you work on Saturday. Friday night, I went from work directly to a pool party. The kids from church have been practicing a summer play to do before they go back to school. So they had a big pool party. I was supposed to help decorate, but ending up working too late to help. But I did get to visit with friends, enjoy pizza and have fun at the pool party. 


Saturday, I didn't go in until 11:00 so I made a quick stop by the Corelle Outlet just to check out the patterns they carry since I'm trying collect assorted patterns. I found this salad plate for $1.88. 


And this dinner plate for $2.50. 


I thought they would look good together so I bought them. It turned out they were on a discount as well as clearance so I got them both for just a little over $3.00 ... and that included the tax. 


Saturday night I came home and crashed. I made my cinnamon roll french toast Sunday morning to take to our Sunday School class. It was all eaten except for one small piece which one of my friends took home with her. The kids did their program. They did a fabulous job.


After church, I ran to Walmart and while I was out I stopped by Joann's. I got some fabric to make me some runners for fall, Halloween and Thanksgiving. This will be perfect for my kitchen window table because my curtains have sunflowers.


This one was kind of vintage looking so I couldn't pass it up. 


I really like the Thanksgiving one because it looks like chalboard.


Sunday night, I heard a car in my driveway around 11:00 at night. I thought it was my neighbor but when I looked out, there was a package on my porch and the people down the street were backing out. When I moved, I did a change of address but the mail lady we have insists on continuing to put my mail in the wrong box. So thankful for honest people in the neighborhood because they make sure I get my mail. And I am glad because I got this sweet gift from Ms. Terri at Your Friend from Florida. Thank you Ms. Terri for thinking of me. I love it.


And I found the right place for it. 


I hope everybody has a great day today!





2 comments:

Terri D said...

So glad it found it's way to you! Just a little something that made me think of you! Looks like that was a really fun pool party! Love the fabrics you found for fall decorating!

Rachel said...

That's a great place for that little sign! I hope my Joann's has that material. Have a good day! 😊