10/27/16

Almost Friday....


I just have to work an 8 hour day today and off tomorrow. I am so glad. An 8 hour day will be a walk in the park. We are in our busy season and I have worked 9 straight days without a day off and 6 of them were either 10 or 11 hour days. Needless to say, I am tired. So I plan on really enjoying my day tomorrow. 


And with our Christmas show starting on November 1st. On a normal day we do two shows with once in a blue moon a third one added. During the Christmas season we do anywhere from 2 - 5 shows a day with tons of groups coming from everywhere to see the show. it will be a while before things get back to normal. Well, at least a semblance of normal for the tourist industry.


I did manage to spend some time on Facebook this week and have accumulated things that made me laugh. I really like this one for when I eat a lot of junk food then don't understand why I can't lose weight. 


I niece posted this one today and said she didn't know why, but it reminded her of me. Well, it could be because that is something I would probably do. Okay, let's face I probably have. I dropped my keys at work the other day and said "Sorry." Guess I thought I had to apologize to the key chain. It must have been one of my long days and I was just tired. Yes, that's it. Tired. My story and I'm sticking to it. 


I had a bird get in my car the other day and thanks to Alfred Hitchcock, I freaked out. So when I saw this, I knew I had to share. I have been scarred for life. I watched the birds when I was 8 because I insisted I could handle it. Not so much.


And I totally agree with this. Many nights that is all I want for supper. Biscuits with homemade bacon gravy and a side dish of apple butter.


And yes I do know that I am a little crazy at times and I do have to laugh at myself a lot for some of the thing I do and think. My best work friend shared this with me the other day on Facebook. We are two peas in a pod so this was very appropriate.


Have a wonderful Thursday!

2 comments:

Visits With Mary said...

WoW, that's a lot of hours!! Enjoyed the laughs, especially the one about the mannequin!! Hope you have a great day off!

Terri D said...

Five shows a day?!!! Oh my goodness, how do any of you (including the animals) hold up to that kind of schedule? I've never been to your dinner theater but I have been to a couple of similar shows and I can't imagine how any of you would still be standing after a schedule like that!! Now I'm worried about yoU!! Your bird adventure would have freaked me out, too! Yikes! Happy Friday Eve!! Enjoy your day off!