10/27/16

Almost Friday....


I just have to work an 8 hour day today and off tomorrow. I am so glad. An 8 hour day will be a walk in the park. We are in our busy season and I have worked 9 straight days without a day off and 6 of them were either 10 or 11 hour days. Needless to say, I am tired. So I plan on really enjoying my day tomorrow. 


And with our Christmas show starting on November 1st. On a normal day we do two shows with once in a blue moon a third one added. During the Christmas season we do anywhere from 2 - 5 shows a day with tons of groups coming from everywhere to see the show. it will be a while before things get back to normal. Well, at least a semblance of normal for the tourist industry.


I did manage to spend some time on Facebook this week and have accumulated things that made me laugh. I really like this one for when I eat a lot of junk food then don't understand why I can't lose weight. 


I niece posted this one today and said she didn't know why, but it reminded her of me. Well, it could be because that is something I would probably do. Okay, let's face I probably have. I dropped my keys at work the other day and said "Sorry." Guess I thought I had to apologize to the key chain. It must have been one of my long days and I was just tired. Yes, that's it. Tired. My story and I'm sticking to it. 


I had a bird get in my car the other day and thanks to Alfred Hitchcock, I freaked out. So when I saw this, I knew I had to share. I have been scarred for life. I watched the birds when I was 8 because I insisted I could handle it. Not so much.


And I totally agree with this. Many nights that is all I want for supper. Biscuits with homemade bacon gravy and a side dish of apple butter.


And yes I do know that I am a little crazy at times and I do have to laugh at myself a lot for some of the thing I do and think. My best work friend shared this with me the other day on Facebook. We are two peas in a pod so this was very appropriate.


Have a wonderful Thursday!

2 comments:

Mary Hutchins said...

WoW, that's a lot of hours!! Enjoyed the laughs, especially the one about the mannequin!! Hope you have a great day off!

Terri D said...

Five shows a day?!!! Oh my goodness, how do any of you (including the animals) hold up to that kind of schedule? I've never been to your dinner theater but I have been to a couple of similar shows and I can't imagine how any of you would still be standing after a schedule like that!! Now I'm worried about yoU!! Your bird adventure would have freaked me out, too! Yikes! Happy Friday Eve!! Enjoy your day off!

 

Mamaw's Place Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design