10/16/16

Sunday songs....


It's Sunday and I'm excited. I don't work on Sundays but the past three or four weeks we have been shorthanded so I have volunteered to work afternoons. I have been going in as soon as I get out of church and working till late evening. But starting today, I've quit volunteering for it because I miss my Sunday's. Relaxing and just doing things I enjoy around the house....reading, watching a movie, a little baking. Plus we started our Christmas Choir practice and I have missed the first one or two. After I get home from church this morning, I plan on baking me a white cake with chocolate icing to have later this evening with some sliced peaches. Then I'm putting on a pot of homemade veggie soup to simmer so I can that for my supper. It's going to be a wonderful Sunday here in the South.



3 comments:

Visits With Mary said...

Enjoy your day!! Cake and peaches, that sure sounds good!

Nonnie said...

Sounds like my kind of Sunday. I'm cooking what we call a Farmer Brown supper. Beans and cornbread with fried potatoes.

Terri D said...

Good for you!! Good golly, I wish I lived near so I could enjoy cake and soup with you! Ha ha ha....I just invited myself for supper!