You know how it goes. You have your day planned. You are looking forward to it with excitement. And bam! Nothing works out like you planned. Came home from church and ate a bite of lunch. The cake didn't happen because I forget I was out of oil and didn't feel like running back out. While I was finishing lunch, I got a call from work. They were desperately needing someone to greet the guests last night. One girl called in sick and the other greeters couldn't come in. Having greeted groups and doing the doors many times, I know how exhausting it can be for two people much less one having to do it alone. So I agreed to come in to help. Worked from 4:00 - 9:30 so I didn't accomplish anything. But at least I get to enjoy a lot of the show while I'm a greeter.
I saw a cute thing on Facebook this morning and thought it would be fun to do on here.
It''s your SENIOR year of high school! The longer ago it was, the more fun the answers will be.
The year was: 1975
1. Did you know your spouse? No, we didn't meet until 6 years after high school.
2. Did you car pool to school? No, driving to school wasn't as popular back when I was in school. I wrote a bus every day.
3. What kind of car did you drive? Once I got my license, I drove the family car when I did go anywhere. It was a red Chevy Nova.
4. What kind of car do you have now? Ford Explorer
5. It's Friday night... where are you? Spending the night at my best friends house or out on a date (once I turned 17)
6. What kind of job did you have in high school? I didn't work through high school. But as soon as I graduated I got a job as administrative assistant at a mattress factory.
7. What kind of job do you have now? I work in Guest Services at Dixie Stampede.
8. Were you a party animal? This answer is funny since I was totally shy in high school and not sociable except with my small group of friends.
9. Were you a cheerleader? No. I could do everything but splits and back then splits were really popular in cheer routines. So I never did try out despite the fact I did perfect cartwheels, round offs and hand stands.
10. Were you considered a jock? No, definitely not. I loved to play badminton if that counts as a sport.
11. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? No, I was in Future Business Leaders of
12. Were you a nerd? No, I was just plain old me.
14. Can you sing the fight song? Yes, every word. I can also still do the majorette routine to it. I wasn't a majorette, but I went to every home game so after awhile you just learn it.
15. Who was/were your favorite high school teacher(s)? Mrs. Spencer who I had for two years of Business English, Office Machines and Office Assistant. And Miss Goodman who I had for my senior year of Business English. They taught me so much about the business world.
16. Where did you sit for lunch? Whereever we decided to go for lunch, mostly at a booth in Pirates Corner across from the high school.
17. What was your school's full name?
Barboursville High School
18. What was your school mascot? Pirate
19. If you could go back and do it again, would you? No, because I think I had a great time throughout high school and took the entire three year business course and what I learned has done me well through the years. Plus I like the outgoing me I am now and wouldn't want to go back to that quite, shy girl I was back then.
20. Did you have fun at prom? I never went to my prom and didn't really have an interest in it. But I did go to the 8th grade dance and had a good time.
21. Do you still talk to the person you went to prom with? Since I didn't go, no. But a friend of mine didn't go either so we went out to a movie and out to eat. She is still a dear friend and we still talk and occasionally see each other. It's hard to get together since we live in different states, but she does call me when she comes here on vacation.
22. Are you planning on going to your next reunion? No. I don't do reunions because it is always about drinking and partying and that's not my style.
23. Are you still in contact with people from school? Some of them, yes. That is one thing I love about Facebook. Got to find a lot of friends that I had lost contact with over the years.
24. What are/were your school's colors? Red & White. Wonder if that is why red is still my favorite color.
Well, there you have it. My high school days.