12/12/16

Weekend Wrap Up

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I had a Saturday and Sunday off for a change. I realized I forgot to post this pic from the past weekend. It is the entire family at Dixie Stampede. Top row L-R: Garret, his girlfriend Hannah, Caleb, Me, Michael and Chris. Front row L-R: Jamie, Alexis, Colby, Shelby and Diana. We had such a great time.


Saturday night started off busy with the Spring Premier for our new Thirty-One line. These pics are some I snapped from the catalog page so they aren't great. But these are just a few of the items I am excited about come spring. I am such a fan of the All About the Benjamin billfold. It has so much room and is always a solid color leather. For the first time ever, it is coming in leather with a pattern. Definitely went on my wish list the moment I saw it.


They make a lot of big totes and I have quite a few. But for the first time in a long, long time, they made a tote I fell in love with that comes in the large size or a mini size. It is straw with a navy leather piece down the center that can be personalized. Yes, please.


One of my favorite purses they ever made was a demi purse. I have been asking for years if we will ever get it back. Well, it came back with a few new twists....it now has longer straps so it is a shoulder bag (yay!), it is a little wider at the top instead of same size from bottom to top and the most exciting is it now zips!!! I am in love with the blue stripes.


But I think the thing that has me the most excited is the large utility tote with the starfish on it. Beach bound! I have got to have this for sure.


After premier, I met up with my daughter-in-law and picked up Alexis and Colby. Then went to my daughters and got Shelby. We went to the parade and they got to ride the train in the parade. And I had left my phone down the hill in the car. But afterwards they wanted their pic with the fire truck so I did get that. We had a great time even though it was a very small parade this year. 


Later that night, we had chocolate pudding, but Colby wanted a blue icee. Needless to say, we had to have a face washing after we ate.


I had posted on Facebook Saturday evening a memory about my sister-in-law making the best peanut butter fudge and mentioned how much I was craving it. I go to church Sunday and a friend of mine handed me a bag and had this in it.


Turns out she saw my post right before she was ready to cut the peanut butter fudge she had just made. It is exactly the same recipe my sister-in-law always made. So I ended up with some great fudge. 


I sold my day bed. It was way to big for the room it was in and everything I need anything out of the supply closet, I have to lift heavy boxes up over the end of the bed to get to what I need. So now I feel like an artist with a blank canvas. One half of a room to totally redo however I want. 


I have this really cute jar my daughter got me one year and I have decided to use it for my 2017 jar. Every time I think of something I want to look for (a new shower curtain, a new desk chair, etc.) or any place I want to go, (Esau's Antiques, Clinton Antique Fair, Mom's, the beach) I am writing it on a piece of paper and putting it in the jar. That way it isn't on a list somewhere that I lose or toss out because a notebook gets full. Plus I can write it down the minute I think of it. Even carrying a few scraps of paper with me to jot stuff down on to put in the jar when I get home from work. 


Well, that's it for the weekend. Sunday was a relaxing afternoon and evening. Stopped by the store and then went home and vegged out all evening. Ended up going to bed at 9:30 and slept till 6:45 this morning. I was exhausted. Feel refreshed and ready to tackle whatever this week may bring. 





1 comment:

Terri D said...

That looks like some really good peanut butter fudge!! I am so happy to read that you had Saturday and Sunday off and could sleep in!! You have been way too busy lately. Love the family photo. I can't wait to see what you do with your room now!