1/20/17

Friday Foto Friends

Friday Foto Friends

It was Monday morning and we had had some rain so it was a little foggy as I went to work. I had to meet a friend that morning before work and so I took the back road part of the way to work. As I turned to start down what I call the other Douglas Dam Road (not the one I live off of), I thought this is a little eerie and maybe not a good idea.


Then it came time to cross over the bridge over the French Broad River. Even eerier looking.


But what was scary was the view to my left is the dam from Douglas Lake. You couldn't even see the dam and it's not that far from the bridge. But to my right and immediately below me was the French Broad River. As you can see, all I could see was fog and a little shade of tree on the bank. It was so strange. I felt like one of those people having a UFO experience. (Not really, but it was very weird).


Then I made it back to Hwy 66 and you could see the sun trying to come out and it looked so unique I thought maybe I better revisit my UFO experience. LOL. 


But once I got into Pigeon Forge, the skies were blue and the fog was just laying low in the hills. It ended up being a beautiful day. 


But for a week that started out so foggy, it sure is ending well. This was the sky yesterday morning. It was beautiful.




6 comments:

Rachel said...

Sometimes when I drive across the bypass to work it so foggy you cannot see your hand in front of your face! I hate it. It's so scary! I always think 🦌 deer! Lol! Have a blessed day!

Visits With Mary said...

That was very eerie!! Almost spooky. The last two pictures wowed me, that sky was beautiful.

Sandi said...

Beautiful...and strange! The fog seems comforting to me, not sure why. But the sun is lopsided a bit there...or is it just me? It kind of looks like a UFO. :)

Terri D said...

Fog really can make you feel like you are in another world. Glad it lifted and your day turned out beautiful!

Breathing In Grace said...

I can't believe you were brave enough to take pictures in all that fog! The sunrise Thursday morning was gorgeous....we were at Jessica's. Thanks for sharing. Hope you have a great weekend!

Aritha V. said...

I don't like riding when it is misty. Bu I love your photo serie!