2/15/17

Going through some pictures....


I was cleaning some files on my computer last night and came across some pictures I wanted to share today. The first one is of my snowball bush in my old place. When I moved last May, I knew I would miss it this spring. I need to get me one.


I'm going to miss my roses as well. But the funny thing was that the rose bushes were there when we moved it. We lived there five or six years before I moved. They never did anything. Zilch. Zero. Zip, despite how much we tried to work with them. One week before I moved, while I was packing I happened to look off that end of the porch and they had bloomed like crazy.


If you don't believe me when I say I was a country girl, check out our hillside where I grew up. There is Daddy's building and yes, slightly to the left of his work building is our outhouse. We got a real bathroom when I was four or five so this picture is about 55 years old. That's my Mamaw Eden at the table.

I stumbled across a picture of the last two layer chocolate cake I made. I remember it was delicious. I get in the habit of 9 x 13 pans that I forget how much I love a layer cake.


You just gotta love going through your pictures. You never know what you are going to find to remember that you had forgotten about.






2 comments:

Sylvia said...

I did that a few weeks ago. About 15 years ago I lived in an house that was built in 1895, it had a hall 35 foot long. I lined the wall with photo's. When we sold it and built a new home, I didn't put those photo's up. Now I am trying to go through them and take them out. It was a trip down memory lane.

Martha Greene said...

Brenda,
Always look forward to your posts.
They are sunshine & happiness&
filled with great attitude even when
life is difficult.
Big Blessings to you always.
Martha G.