3/1/17

A day in the life....

Yesterday was one of those wonderful days that I spend just doing whatever I felt like. And it was a great day. I got up and it was warm enough for my flip flops so that got the day off to a good start. First stop was a local thrift store where I found this cute little chick for Easter for just .99 cents.


Next, I went to Heartland Antiques. One of the booths has nesting chickens salt dips for $3.00 and I was in search of a pink one. I was exciting to find one exactly the shade I wanted. Another booth prices all her stuff at yard sale prices. The rest of the items in this picture other than the chicken were .25 cents each. She doesn't just have antique stuff, she just has "stuff". 


Then I headed to Dollar Tree to pick up some Easter Eggs with the holes in the end so I can make a wreath. I normally get them at Walmart for .99 cents for 12. Good to know the Dollar Tree is 18 for $1.00. I can use the other six in a little vase that I'm planning on making. I also picked up this gorgeous wire ribbon for the bow for my wreath.


Next, was Hobby Lobby. I picked up somethings that I'm going to use to make a wreath. The fabric was on sale 50% off and I only needed an 1/8 of a yard of each so it cost a whole whopping $1.16 for the fabric and then the ribbon was on the 40% off all Easter items. 


While I was there, I picked up the spool of red ribbon I was needing for a project that I will show you later this week. I used my 40% off one regular price item coupon for it. And I found some blackboard tags I need for the same project with the ribbon. They were on sale for $1.79 instead of $2.99.


Grand total for my 1/2 day shopping expedition was just $13.89. You all know how much I love a bargain. I was very happy.

1 comment:

Sylvia said...

Sounds like you had a good day with many interesting finds at great prices!