3/30/17

Spring Cleaning


Today is dedicated to spring cleaning. I am getting ready to have my annual yard sale in a few weeks so it it time to start going through everything. Last year I had several when I downsized, but there was a lot of things of Allen's that I didn't go through because I wasn't sure what to keep. I didn't want to make a rash decision. So today I'm working on going through everything again. I've got about six or seven tubs not to count his tall dresser and the kitchen items I kept that I haven't used in over a year. Time to get rid of some things. I'm going to do two tubs at a time then tackle the rest.


I wish I had never gotten rid of my milk cartons. I loved when I had my craft closet like this. I make have to look for a few again. I did love having all this stackable storage in my old house. I contacted the local place where I got all these and asked them to hold me some more. I think I'll try to recreate this in my spare closet.


I also need to restock some of the pockets on the organizer on the back of my craft room door. I'm low on ribbon, jute, glue sticks and much more. Time for a Hobby Lobby visit in the near future.


Now that we are having beautiful weather just about everyday, it's time to visit my flip flop organizer. I was appalled that I only have 17 pairs of flip flops. It turns out there are three empty slots. Guess it's time to start looking for some new ones. In reality, some of these are really in need of being tossed. But they are old faves that I hate to part with so I use them for just around the yard.


I have been checking at Kohl's and they have some I love. These were just a few that caught my fancy.


I saw a neat thing on Pinterest yesterday. It is a cute way to put baking soda in your fridge to keep the odors out. I may just do this. 

Well, that's it for today. Have a great Thursday.







1 comment:

Terri D said...

I love organizing with those crates. It is so easy to stack them, even on a higher shelf. Wish I could wear flip flops.