5/3/17

Had a great day....

Yesterday, I went running around with my friend Sherrie.


We started out in the Moon Pie General Store & Book Warehouse. First thing I spotted was a Gooseberry cookbook on Slow Cooking. Yesterday was more of a window shopping day and I was so overwhelmed by everything they had. I didn't want to overspend so I just took pics of some of my fave items and plan on going back later to buy the things I decide I must have. After thinking about it, I think this is going to be a must have.


Since all their Gooseberry Cook Books were $16.95 discounted to $6.95 and $7.95, I was too overwhelmed to decide for sure which one to get. 


Both the section above and the section below were Gooseberry. I'm going to have to take my sister here when she comes down, She is the queen of recipe books.


I should have went ahead and got this one. It is Taste of Home Christmas. And was only $5.00. I will definitely go back and get it.


I loved this little key ring. It is Proverbs 31 and has Thirty-One written on it. Perfect since I sell Thirty-One.


It even has one of the verses on the back of it.


And I fell in love with this little bracelet that says "Hope anchors the soul." Especially since it has an anchor dangle on it.


I think I have decided to go back and get the slow cooker cook book and the bracelet for now. I'll think about the Christmas cook book. I want to take a look at some of the wooden signs they have. There were a ton of them I loved but I didn't think to price them. This was one of my favorites.


We left there and went to Old Time Pottery. I love that place. I am looking for furniture for the front porch. I fell in love with this little table and chairs. Again, I'm having to think about it. I compared at some other places and for the style and comfort, this was a good deal. Until we saw a sales ad left in the buggy from April 15th sale where this was only $49.99. Think I might see if it goes on sale again for Mother's Day or see if anybody else carries it at a lower price. But I do love it.


We made a stop at the garden section of Walmart. Didn't even go in the store, just looked at plants. I want a couple of Boston ferns for my porch. There were very healthy looking and the price was great compared to other places I have looked. 


I am going to get my plants after Mother's Day. That is when me and Allen always did our plants. I want to get some of these beautiful dahlias this year. I have never had dahlias but have always loved them. 


They had so many species to choose from. I will need all day just to pick out the plants I want.


We had an awesome day. When I got home, I sat out in the yard for 30 minutes and enjoyed the sunshine and then just relaxed the rest of the day and read till I finished my book. It was a great day off.

2 comments:

Sandi said...

"Moon Pie General Store & Book Warehouse"


Moon Pies have their own stores? And with books!

:)

Something tells me this is how it's meant to be.




Terri D said...

It does look like you had a wonderful day! Keep us posted on the flowers you decide to get after Mother's Day.