5/16/17

Happy birthday to my grandson, Caleb

Wow! Fourteen years old today. Where have the years gone. I love the young man he is growing into but oh how I miss that curly haired little boy who loved to climb up on my lap and snuggle.


I remember when his mom cut this curly hair for the first time. I nearly cried.


A boy and his dog. I guess the dog is getting old too because they still have Spike. He still loves his dog.


He is so into vehicles. He gets that from his Daddy. This is his motorcycle look.


This day made him so happy. He got to set in Mr. Berry's big black truck that his Daddy drove.


Mr. Cool and his shades.


Doing what he always did best....playing with his truck and equipment.


He has his very own since of style.


The older he gets the more he is becoming his Daddy. He even goes to work hauling in the dump truck some times with his dad. 


I don't know what it is about boys but the older they get, the harder it is to get them to smile for pictures.


But once in awhile that rare smile breaks through that just melts this mamaw's heart.


But the memories of his little smile always make me smile right back.


This was the year he got an award from the Shriners for donating $100 of his birthday money to the drive for the Shriners Hospital just because he knows a girl that they helped when she got burned when she was little. It was his idea and we were all so proud of him. He has such a kind heart.


He didn't know they were going to give him an award. He just has a big heart and that was what he wanted to do.


He holds my heart in his hand. I miss the little boy he was but am so proud of the young man he is becoming. 


Happy birthday, Caleb. I love you.

1 comment:

Terri D said...

Happy birthday to your sweet Caleb!!