7/21/17

My find for Friday...

I went to an estate sale on Friday. There was so much to see that it was overwhelming. I let a few bargains slip through my hands by not snatching them up when I could. But I did find something that I liked. It was a tea pot for just $5.00. The owner had passed away this spring and had been in a nursing home for awhile. Not to mention she had a lot of things in storage so some dust and grime were to be expected. 


When I got home, I grabbed my trusty Bar Keepers Friend, Mean Green, a sponge and a soft toothbrush to start the clean up.


It wasn't long till it was returned to its former glory. It is absolutely beautiful.


I put it on my tea cart with my Royal Dalton set.


I'm very happy to add this little $5 tea pot to my collection. I have them all over my house.


Be sure and hop over to Friday Foto Friends for more wonderful posts.

10 comments:

Sylvia said...

Only $5 an it is a very lovely teapot.Love your Old Country Roses set.

Breathing In Grace said...

Beautiful collection of tea-pots....love the one you got from Ms. Tammy. Thanks so much for joining in...HOPE you have a great weekend, in spite of this crazy heat....I've decided I'm not a middle of the summer gal, at least not in East Tennessee!!! ;-)

Visits With Mary said...

She cleaned up so pretty and looks very regal with your Royal Dalton set!! Great find..

annie said...

Lovely photos. The tea pot is wonderful! Looks very pretty with the Country roses set too!

Cathy said...

So pretty! I have several old teapots too.

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Beautiful tea pot - a great find!

Glenda said...

Beautiful Tea Pot and it would have went perfectly with mine and my husbands business as we used to sell Tea for a living. As for Garage Sales and Estate sales I love them. As you can find gems in them. Have a great Saturday.

Terri D said...

That teapot really cleaned up beautifully!! Great find for $5.00.

betty-NZ said...

What a lovely set of teapots! Isn't it awesome to find such gems!

Schotzy said...

I have a teapot with stains.. got to find this product. Thanks for sharing!