8/16/17

A funny story.....

I was at Walmart Saturday with my daughter and granddaughter when I decided to pop into the bedding section to see if they had any primitive style quilts. The only I saw wasn't exactly what I wanted but I did like it real well. Shelby said "That's just like Mamaw Sherrie's new quilt". Well, her Mamaw Sherrie is my best friend that I go shopping with a lot and I remembered that yes, her new quilt was like that.

When I got home, I was telling her about picking out the same quilt but couldn't decide if it was what I wanted. It turns out that when she bought hers in a queen size, it didn't come down as far as she wanted due to her thick mattress and mattress topper. But she couldn't take it back because she had thrown away all the packaging. She went back and bought the king and just stuck the queen in her closet. So she said if I wanted to try the queen and see if I liked it, I could take it for a "test drive" and if I wanted it I could keep it or if I just wanted to use it till I found exactly what I wanted. So needless to say, it is now on my bed until I decide what to do.


I think it does look primitive. My cousin and sister who have excellent decorating taste both say it is primitive looking. So I am going to start incorporating primitive decor to see if I want to keep this or look for something different. I had a few pieces in other areas of the house, So I brought them in to start putting a look together. This is also temporary till I know what I'm doing. I love my weeping willow tree and it is what started my whole love of primitive and wanting to do a room in that decor.


I had a blanket Mom made me in primitive stitchery with homespun fabric so I laid it across the foot of the bed. I like  how well it blends with the quilt.


I will keep you posted on my updates. Time to shop my house and check my storage closet to see what else I can find. 




4 comments:

Jan said...

I have that same quilt! I wasn't sure about it at first, but it's growing on me!

Terri D said...

I know that you downsized awhile back and I always wonder where you have everything stored. I love how you can just "shop your house" to change the look of a room. I want to be like you when I grow up!

Rachel said...

I love that quilt. I vote you keep it.

Sandi said...

I love the little birdhouses on the corner!