9/8/17

Friday Foto Friends

I am thankful today to Ms. Debbie who sponsors Friday Foto Friends. I posted about a tomato pin cushion the other day and was wondering why tomatoes in a sewing room? Ms. Debbie did some research and found out the history behind the tomato pin cushion. It is fascinating. You need to go to this link later and check it out. 
https://www.rileyblakedesigns.com/pennyrose/blog/2017/02/07/the-history-of-tomato-pincushions/


Then I told one of our mutual friends, Georgeanna, about what Debbie found out. She was fascinated as well. Then Georgeanna told me about a lady who has a booth at Patriot Park October Craft Festival in Pigeon Forge, TN that makes pin cushions. Georgeanna said she buys one every year in assorted fabrics and always gets the apple. So then I had to, of course, Google apple pin cushions. Totally adorable.


And that was so different from the tomato it made think of the old saying "comparing apples and oranges." Then a light bulb went on and I looked up orange fruit pin cushion. And found this cutie pie.


Then using the word fruit made me think of strawberries. So I found one of those as well.


All those thoughts of fruit made me think of fruits and veggies and harvest time for fall. So I of course thought of pumpkins.  


Finding those two pumpkins made me think of pumpkin patches, especially when one of the Google searches brought up a bunch of the pumpkin pin cushions.


Which reminded me of Halloween and Jack-o-lanterns soooo.....you guessed it I had to Google that as well in pin cushions.


Then I realized I had searched for orange fruit pin cushions so it wouldn't just pull up orange colored ones. So I tried to search one more time for orange pin cushions, leaving out the word fruit. Turns out that the orange pin cushion is actually a flower from South Africa which reminded me I need to go water my flowers. 


Does it worry you just a little bit just how crazy my mind works? One thing always leads to another and I apparently have trouble focusing. Must be why I never get anything done. Have an awesome weekend!


5 comments:

Sandi said...

Those tomato pin cushions bring back memories. My Mom had one. I think my Grandma did too.

annie said...

I love these pin cushions!! Especially the pumpkin ones!
I have to get started making some. Just wonderful.
:)

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Doesn't worry me at all, most of have train of thought that chugs all over the place

Visits With Mary said...

Love all the pin cushions!!

Breathing In Grace said...

Love all the different types of pin cushions!