9/28/17

Some new things....

Thought I would share a few of my great finds from my trip. I have been going to the beach for over 30 years. I have found gorgeous shells and nice smooth pretty rocks, but have never been lucky enough to find a piece of sea glass until now. I was thrilled with my find. It is so nice and smooth around the edges from being bounced around in the sea.


Sherrie was wanting a bowl for her seashells and she knew she could get it at Old Time Pottery and didn't want to wait till we got home so we went to one at the beach. I was thrilled we did when I found this Santa. My living room always has tons of Santa's at Christmas. This one is special because my hubby always dressed like Santa for Christmas when the kids were little. Not to mention he had a favorite sweater he wore for years that was cable knit white like this one. So I had to have this for just $9.99.


I thought about getting this tree to set beside him. I didn't. Now I wish I had. Going to go check my Old Time Pottery and see if  I can get it there. 


I fell in love with this deer and may end up getting one of these as well. I sent a pick to my daughter and she definitely wants to go get herself one because she decorates with a lot of the red plaid and with deer so this would be perfect for her. 


But the one thing that made my day was finding this vintage looking stand. I went nuts over it. I was also upset because I have a small car with lots of luggage to take home. Then I realized the shelves tilted up, the sided tilted in and it folded up flat. SCORE! So guess what came home to Mamaw's Place. 


Since I am doing my sewing room with some red in it, it was a no brainer where I would put it, but then I started looking for other things for the sewing room. I found this Simplicity pattern box at Hobby Lobby and used my 40% off coupon to get it for just $5.98. 


And I found the fabric I want to use for my sewing machine cover. Oh, by the way it turns out that Sherrie's mother has a sewing machine cabinet she doesn't use and wants somebody to get it out of her way so guess what I'm going to go get on Saturday! Once I get that and get my sewing machine set up, I will be ready to make my cover.


I found this little basket somewhere for $2.95 but can't remember where I found it.


We were in a store called Tomblinson's when I found the red shelf. I found this cute basket for just $4.95 in there. Since I am wanting a vintage looking sewing room, I snatched this up as well. I want to fill it with vintage spools of thread but for now, will just use regular spools. 


The day I got home, I went right to work sitting up the new rack with some of my finds and some stuff I had on hand. The white basket is one my friend Georgeanna bought me. She had shown me some she got at Walmart but I never could find them at ours. So she found one for me a few weeks ago. I am so glad I did buy the rack. It's a perfect start to my new room. 


3 comments:

Terri D said...

That red stand is just perfect for your new sewing room! Wow!! I say it over and over...you do find the best things!!

Rachel said...

Love it! Looks so good!! 👍

Breathing In Grace said...

Love it all! What great finds! Did the shelf come from Old Time Pottery, too? PM me on Facebook if you don't care. I'm looking for one to use on the back porch to hold my gardening stuff! 💜