10/11/17

Happy dance!

I went to our local McKay's where you can trade in books and DVD's for store credit. I am so happy with my results today. I was hoping to get $5 - $10 because I didn't think they would take some of my books. But they took them all and I ended up with store credit of $45.39!!! 

I looked at the seasonal books first and found several Christmas books that I can read in November and December. I read one - two books per week. So I got 7 new Christmas books. For years, I have tried to find books revolving around romance at the Thanksgiving holiday but never found any...until today. Found one simply called Thanksgiving. I'm getting ready to start it in the next day or two. 

Catherine Anderson is a fave author of mine and she has a new one coming out any day now for the Christmas season. I wanted to get it when it is released but then I realized it is part of a series. Turns out there were three previous books in the serious and guess what? I FOUND ALL THREE TODAY! So I got those as well. 

But the icing on the cake was finding two DVD's. One is Christmas Comes to Willow Creek. My all time favorite Christmas movie. It is the movie I always watched on VHS every year when I wrap Christmas presents. About 4 or 5 years ago I wore a hole in the tape and have been looking for this on DVD forever. I just about did a happy dance right in the middle of McKay's. 

Here was my hall: Got $45.39 in store credit. Bought retail value of $133.87 in books and movies for just $36.05. That means I still have $9.34 in store credit for my next trip. Do you see why I had a great day?


No comments: