11/1/17

Goodbye October, Hello November

I have really enjoyed posting pics of fall and Halloween. So as we say goodbye to October, here are some cute snacks my niece Emili and her friend Brittany made.



I especially love these. So adorable.


Their doggies were even festive for the holidays.


And that did some last minute pumpkin faces. This girls are both talented and love to craft.


While meanwhile back at Mamaw's Place, I have been busy getting ready for Thanksgiving decor. I can't believe I actually had it out and ready to go on November 1st. It usually takes me until I can get a day off, but I had one yesterday so I went right to work. I kept out a lot of my fall, put away my Halloween and then incorporated some of my Thanksgiving into what fall was still out. I changed up the coffee table some by replacing acorns with a pumpkin and candle and changing out my table runner. This is another of the no-sew ones I made.


Just replaced some things on my place mat on the kitchen table.  


Got out my little Give Thanks and put it with my other word art.


Mommy crocheted me this ripple afghan in 1981 when my living room was in these colors. I get it out every fall.


Just a little display on one of the end tables.


Now to the fun stuff (you know I am happy when I use Pyrex to decorate.) This is the Harvest Wheat pattern that I wanted for years. The last vacation Hubby and I took together before he passed away was to Panama City Beach. We went antiquing one day and he found me these. A set of three bowls is normally around $49 - $69 for the set. He bought me this entire set for right around $25. I cherish them because they were the last Pyrex he ever bought me and it was on the best vacation we ever had. I made the little turkey no-sew runner they are sitting on.


This is another of the primitive stitchery dish towels my mom made. I just love the turkey.


My favorite Thanksgiving pieces are my little chipmunk salt and pepper shakers. Bought these at a yard sale and I think they were about .50 cents for the pair. I absolutely adore them and can't wait to get them out every November.


My little rock I've had for many years. 


Put it all together with some of my fall bowls I already had out and you have my favorite area for decorating for the holidays.


Have a happy November 1st!








1 comment:

Terri D said...

I love your new background and (of course) all of your Fall decorations! Thanks for sharing your creativity with us, always!