11/9/17

Joy

Ms. Debbie at Breathing in Grace was doing a bible study about a month or so ago called Fight Back with Joy. During the bible study, she was posting on her Facebook page about unexpected, good things that happened to her. She called these "joy bombs." I am here to tell you that has really inspired me this past month and I have started looking for joy bombs everyday in my life. My day yesterday was filled with little joy bombs that might not mean a thing to somebody else, but they sure were fun for me. It started out by everything working out to where I could leave a lot earlier for work than I needed to so I finally got to stop at Waffle House for breakfast (which I have been wanting to do for over a week). Everything was perfect.


It was a misty, rainy cold day so it really got me in the Christmas spirit and I decided to stop at Walmart to do some looking around. They have their Christmas cookies out in the cute little tins. I like to decorate every room in my house for Christmas with at least a few little Christmas items. Well, these are the colors in my sewing room so it caught my eye. But look closely. Thimble on the snowman's head and needle and thread in the little brown bears hand. After seeing that how could I NOT get it for my sewing room. I let the girls at work eat the cookies for me. Joy received and joy given.


As I was walking back to see the Christmas decor I saw they had the new Soft Soap out for the holidays. Oh my gosh these smell so amazing. Got one for the kitchen and one for the bath. I thing the Santa is my favorite. It smells like the grape in Wild Berry Lifesavers.


I posted yesterday that I want a new angel for my tree. I do a lot of silver on my tinsel and stuff. I saw her and fell in love with her, but then worried if I was being too rash. I didn't get it, but I'm going shopping with my friend Sherrie today and we will be going by a different Walmart and if they have this, I think I will get it. I really, really love it. I think $16 is a good price, don't you?


You will recall that my tree drove me crazy last year. It was one I had to put every single branch in the hole it went it and then string lights. Took me about 5 hours to put it together and string the lights. I wanted one that was a three piece, pre-lit tree that you pop it together and you are ready to fluff. But I was waiting till Black Friday to try to find one at a good price, but the bargains went fast and cheapest I could find was between $129 - $179. So that's why I went with what I did last year. Made my mind up that this year I am getting one that is pre-lit and put together like this.


After paying at Walmart, I was exiting through the tree area and decided to take a gander at what they had. OH MY GOODNESS! The exact tree I am looking for. It's 6.5 feet, pre-lit AND in three pieces. And the best part was it was only $39.00. And yes, it came home with me. I was ecstatic.


Now if that wasn't a wonderful enough day, I got one more joy bomb dropped on me after work. I got off about 10:30 and went and got gas and saw the Krispy Kreme across the road. They close at 11:00 and I thought a doughnut would be a good way to end a busy day. I ordered two so I could have one this morning with chocolate milk. I got a Coke to drink with it and the price normally around $3.80. I had my money in my hand and the young man working handing it back to me and said "Don't worry about it. We are getting ready to close in about 15 minutes so this is on the house. JOY BOMB!!!


2 comments:

Creations By Cindy said...

That joy bomb for me would have been those donuts! LOL! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Terri D said...

Wow!! You really did have lots of joy bombs! That breakfast looks SO good! Glad you found your tree!! Can't wait to see it up and decorated now!