11/17/17

Missing you.....

Today marks the 2nd anniversary of the loss of my sweetheart, my husband, Allen. Words are so hard to explain how I felt that day and how I still feel. For two years, I keep thinking "We were supposed to grow old together." But God had other plans. I will never understand them. I don't know why he had to go when he did. But I can be thankful that I was with him when he crossed over from this life to heaven. My head knows he's in a better place but my heart wants him here. I love you sweetheart with every breath I take and I always will. Today I rejoice in that love and thank God for the 34 1/2 wonderful years we had together. 


 





 




8 comments:

Breathing In Grace said...

So very sorry for your grief and loss... I can't even imagine. Sending hugs and prayers. 💜 you!

Jan said...

Lifting you up in prayer today.

annie said...

Yes, losing someone you love is very hard I guess we go on through the love of God.
My heart and prayers are with you.

Cathy said...

I’m so sorry for your loss. But I’m so happy that you know you will see him again someday.

Terri D said...

Sending hugs, Brenda. I sure remember this time two years ago when you lost your sweetheart. I was so sad for you and wished I could hug you in person then, and now. You described it so well that your mind knows one thing and your heart feels another. Love you!

Joyful said...

I send you my sympathies but oh my you had a wonderfully long time together. I love the graphic too as we know we will see our loved ones one day. Big hugs to you as I know it is still difficult when we miss our loved ones gone before. xx

Aritha said...

Sharing this prayer with you. I've read it during my youversion devotion about grief

"Dear Father, I ask You to bless my heart with Your healing touch and shower me with Your love. Father, will You please heal my heart and carry me through this (holiday) season? I pray You will powerfully speak to my spirit as I seek Your heart (and guidance) as I read Your Word. Grant me Your precious new mercies each morning and please comfort my soul every day. Thank You for being my truest Friend! I treasure and adore Your friendship! I love You, Lord!
In Your precious Name I pray, amen."

Thank you for all those precious photos and golden moments.

betty-NZ said...

Sorry for your loss. Memories are a wonderful way to remember his smile and to make him feel a little closer.