11/14/17

One thing leads to another....

After my blog yesterday, I was straightening up and decided to work on my little wreath I wanted to make. Didn't take long and I am happy with the result. I have about $3 - $4 in it. 


Then I was on Pinterest for awhile because I was feeling craft. When this popped up, I fell in love. 


So obviously I had to look at the tiered stand ideas.


And the more I looked, the more I loved them.


And it appears anything goes.


But it also appears it could get really expensive to do one exactly like any of these. But I was curious about the price of the stands at least. Turns out they are on sale at Hobby Lobby for just $14.99. Guess who is stopping at Hobby Lobby.


But before I jumped in and bought the stand, I wondered if I would have anything to put in it. So I just briefly glanced in the top two boxes of my Christmas decor. Without even unwrapping anything and only looking in two boxes, I found all this!!!! I think it is safe to say I am on the way to doing a three tiered stand. It is going on my kitchen bar so I am going to stop at Goodwill beside Hobby Lobby on my way to work and look for some vintage looking Christmas mugs or at leas some that are totally modern.


So as I was putting that stuff in my craft room in a box for next week so it is all together, I spotted the clothespins I sawed and sanded and decided I need to do a craft again this morning before heading out for the day. So I did it and I am very happy with my little nativity ornament.


As I was putting back the jute, I saw this little jar on my craft shelf. Bought it to cover with cinnamon sticks for a candle. It was a buck at the Dollar Tree. I didn't think to price or measure cinnamon sticks first. (Turns out no cinnamon stick candle holder at the price of cinnamon sticks). So I sat it on the shelf till I figure out what to do with it.


I never seem to put my jute back in the same place twice so I always have to search for it. On a whim, I stuck it in that vase.


But it looked blah. Then I thought, hmmm, if it was more vintage-y looking or something. So I stuck a large Mason jar ring on it and it fit. Well, who knew. I just invented the Jute Jar.


So that is two days in a row I have crafted. The next two things on my craft list are this little snowman, I already have the towel and thread and I think most of the felt. Just got to check the colors and see if I need any.


When I moved into my house last year, there were some weathered boards by my porch in really good sturdy shape. I didn't throw them away because you never know when you need a board. But I saw something the other day and then I noticed the board last night and inspiration stuck. Stay tuned.


2 comments:

Sylvia said...

Pretty and great ideas

Terri D said...

If I thought our cats would leave it alone, I would love to make one of those tiered stands for a centerpiece! I just know Vinny would tear it apart. Can't wait to see what you create!