12/23/17

Finalizing everything.....

That last day before the festivities begin. That time when you check your to do list and then you check it again. I got the house cleaned and laundry done yesterday.


Stocked up the candy bowl to munch on throughout the day. I'm not breaking till I get the rest of my list finished except to order from Pizza Hut for lunch.


The presents are all wrapped and waiting under the tree for the family gathering over the holiday.


Containers ready for all the goodies I am making today. I love the disposal containers from aluminium. Dollar Tree has so many shapes and sizes. Great for storage for for leftovers for family to take goodies home. 


My baking list today includes brownie cookies, Texas sheet cake with chocolate icing (made from the Swiss Chocolate Duncan Hines cake mix and add cinnamon), chocolate no bake oatmeal cookies, Reese's peanut butter fudge, old fashioned chocolate fudge made from Hershey's cocoa. I swear the dessert eating part of the holiday is my favorite food part.


We do a lot of appetizer type food for our family gathering so I am going to do all the prep work today. Making the meat sauce for the bread stick dip. Pre-cutting my Velveeta for the cheese sauce. Cutting up the little sausages to fix them in Sweet & Sour Duck Sauce, and cutting up Colby Jack cheese into cubes for crackers. I cheated and bought frozen honey barbecue wings and frozen meatballs in grape jelly and chili sauce. This is all going to be so good. 


They gave us a 10# spiral Hormel ham at work. So I am baking that in the morning with brown sugar and orange marmalade. That way we can have that for our family dinner and I can have it over the next few days.


Edgar is getting old so he hasn't been as mischievous as he has in years past. He knows he gets to go home with Santa tomorrow night so he is just chilling and hanging out with his friends....Eli, Chilly and Rudy.


It's 60 degrees outside, but we are having extremely high winds and wicked looking skies. Supposed to rain later. I love gloomy weather at Christmas. 
 


 According to Norad's Santa Tracker, we can start tracking Santa's journey in 18 hours. 


I just love Christmas. 




1 comment:

Jan said...

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!