12/6/17

Planning ahead to plan ahead

A post about planning for 2018 is a little premature unless you consider that I want to purchase a new 2018 planner for my Christmas gift so I can plan before New Year's. I have spent the last several mornings researching planners and have decided the Happy Planner is the one for me. I liked this one better than most but it just isn't me. I'm more a glitz and glitter gal when it comes to planners for my Thirty-One business and busy life.


So I kept looking and found a gold one. I thought "Ah-ha". Nope, this is the 2016 model. They don't make it now.


Then by accident I found it. The perfect one for me. It has some gold, but it has the signature shades of Thirty-One, pinks & turquoise. And it is affordable and at Michael's where I am going on Friday. 

It comes with monthly calendar layout pages and weekly, which is what I am looking for. 


It also comes with dividers that I just love. DREAM is one of the big catch phrases in Thirty-One so I love that one divider has a quote about dreams above and the one below that says "Stars get tangled in her hair whenever she plays in the sky." That one makes me want to reach for the stars to make my dreams come true.


I love that Michael's and Hobby Lobby carry tons of sticker packages to decorate your planner days with instead of just having pages that are bland with nothing but ink in a white space. It appeals to my creative side to have all these colors. Planners nowadays are sometimes a cross between a planner, a journal and a scrapbook. Three things I love. 
 

Not only do they have cute sayings and things, but they have little stickers for appointments, to do, etc. You can tell at a glance what you have going on in your life for any day.


 Here is a sample of how one lady has her days laid out. In addition to what comes with the planner, you can purchase inserts, note pads, etc. Or design your own pages like menus, budgets, etc. and set up your own custom planner with the unique snap ring binder.


I saw where one lady actually takes cute cards she finds and punches the holes to put them in her binder as inspiration.


You can create your own or purchase card stock pages to use to separate your sections inside each tab. 


I need this one. It is one of the most famous saying among Thirty-One gals.


You can purchase sticky notes that fit right on the calendar squares so you can see what is what at a glance for your month.


While I was on the Hobby Lobby site looking at their products, I saw a tab that said projects. So I just had to click it and oh my word! You can make your own "bling" for your planner. They are called planner charms and you hook them to the ring of your planner. Do you think I would like charms? HELLO! Have you met me? More BLING! 


Here is one sample I saw on Pinterest (well, of course you know this was all going to eventually lead to Pinterest.)


So I started looking at some Hobby Lobby charm availability. You can purchase a claw hook and chain of your choice and then you are ready to add charms.


I like the one with the state of Tennessee.


I love light pink crystals so this one is going on my wish list. Matches the pink theme with my other stuff.

I also love keys and Thirty-One uses the key symbol a lot in regards to the key to success.


I like the simplicity of the one above, but I kind of like this one as well.


I will need a pink tassel since I like tassels as well.


And I am pretty sure I will getting a 3 and a 1 charm for it.


And since the main purpose of the planner is for my Thirty-One business for next year, I have got to have a pink purse charm. 


Well, I am thinking I have probably put you on brain overload with ideas or I have put you into a coma from boredom. Either way, thanks for stopping by and let me ramble on. I tend to do that when I get this super excited.



1 comment:

Terri D said...

I have so much fun looking at the great things you find to share with us!! The planners are amazing and I can't wait to see what you get and how you make it yours!!