12/7/17

Take a deep breath....

Take a deep breath, because when you read about my busy life it is going to exhaust you just thinking about it. You will also see why I need a planner to keep everything in my life on track. This is my week starting today.

Work a 12 hour day as a group greeter. We have a special show this morning with around 20 buses to greet and a bunch of individual small groups. That means we will be seating over 1000 school kids and their chaperones. Then we have our regular shows. 


Going to go finish my Christmas shopping. Need to go to Target, Walmart, JC Penny's, Michael's, Hobby Lobby, AC Moore, Kohl's and stop by Park West Hospital gift shop for my annual Brach's Malted Milk Ball bulk buy.


Birthday dinner with the family to celebrate the upcoming birthday of my children and myself. 


After dinner - bring the three youngest grandchildren home with me to spend the entire weekend. 


Take three of The Grands shopping to help me pick out presents for their Mom's. 

Organize the line up of the Kodak Community Christmas Parade and send it on its way. Then drive a different route to be where the parade ends to make sure all children get back with their parents and to thank all the participants of the parade. 


Movie night at Mamaw's Place where we will have pizza and popcorn and have a Christmas movie marathon. 

Sunday School followed by church where we will watch the Children's Christmas play. Then out to lunch at our favorite fast food place, Wendy's. From there we are going to the movies to watch The Star. 


After movie I'll drop the kids off at their respective homes and then hurry back to church for the final practice for our choir's Christmas Cantata next week.

Then two days of working anywhere from 8 - 10 hours depending on my schedule. 

Then off for my birthday which I plan to spend making orange cookies. This is a major all day project because it makes about 72 - 96 cookies depending on size. It is a "from scratch" recipe and includes lots of steps, such as grating the zest of 6 oranges, squeezing the juice of 6 oranges, putting the frosting on every single cookie after they cool. 


Last but not least, another day off but I will be running by work to submit some of the cookies above to the Cookie Contest at work. Then back home to wrap the Christmas presents I am finishing up tomorrow. 

See, told you that this would exhaust you. And it will all get accomplished. This is why I love my life. I may go, go, go but when the end of my time here comes I can honestly say I enjoyed life to the absolute fullest.



2 comments:

Jan said...

It's busy, but it also sounds wonderful!

Terri D said...

Yes, I am exhausted just reading about your schedule! You go, girl!!