1/22/18

Mother Nature has a weird sense of humor...


Mother Nature is at it again. I just want to tell her to get a grip and stick with one season at a time.  


Just last Wednesday I drove through this on my way home from work. Thursday and Friday were still bitter cold. 


Saturday was a little warm in the afternoon, but still had to wear a coat. The I woke up Sunday and looked outside. Check out the sun peaking up over the hillside. Could it possibly be the beginning of a sunny day?


As the sun rose, the skies were beautiful and I could even see the mountains in the distance. 


Loved the blue sky above the field across from my house.


Fixed me some lunch and did some picking up outside. Then realized it was warm enough to break out the flip flops to go to the store. I normally don't until after the middle of February. But hey, it was 65° and beautiful. No coat needed so I wasn't about to put on shoes and socks. It felt so good. Just glad I always keep my toes polished, even in winter. 


When I got home, I decided to do some rearranging of my artificial flowers for Valentine's Day so I put them all in my McCoy pitcher that belonged to my Mamaw Eden and sat them on the kitchen table. Not sure if they are staying there or going on the dining room table. I'm "shopping" my closets today to see what is in storage boxes before I decide on the dining room.


Last night we had a little training session on the new patterns from Thirty-One. The spring catalog kick off starts today. I am super excited. I sat at the computer and enjoyed a Pepsi and some Junior Mints while I checked out all the new patterns.


I love a lot of them, but I really like this particular smaller purse. And I like the fact you can personalize in the blue area.


But I think my favorite pattern of all is going to be this one. I am in love. Somebody said it looked like wallpaper. I had to laugh because the truth is I like it BECAUSE it reminds me of wallpaper Mom had in the living room when I was younger only it was green. 


Well, I have been on a cleaning out closets, cabinets, and storage boxes binge for a couple of weeks on my days off. Today I am going to tackle the bedroom closet. Hope to get it gone through, thrown out, donated or simply boxed up in smaller groups so I can have some floor space back in my closet. Wish me luck.





3 comments:

Sylvia said...

It snowed here in Georgia last week also and today it will get to 65.Hopping for an afternoon ride in the countryside. Enjoy your day.

Sandi said...

Is that silver nail polish? How cool is that!

Terri D said...

We have been in our "new" house for almost a year (next month!). My drawers and closets need a good clean-out. Thanks for reminding me! I need to check out that smaller purse!