1/19/18

When we get up to heaven...

This is a repost of something I wrote in January 2011. A following commented on it yesterday and I decided to reprint it today. It is just my thoughts on what it will be like when we get up to heaven. 


Do you ever stop and really think about what it is going to be like when you get to heaven? Do you imagine the streets of gold? Just close your eyes and imagine what your days will be like when you get to heaven.....


The gates will swing open, not with a grinding slow motion, but in a grand gesture of welcome. The Father and Son will be waiting there with arms wide open, huge smiles on their face and those wonderful words "My child, welcome home". They will embrace you and there will be laughter and hugs and the sweetest joy ever known.



Once you have spent time in their embrace, one of the angels will show you around your new home. Your eyes will take in so much beauty that it will be unbelievable. Once you get adjusted to your new home, you will be able to visit. I can imagine walking the streets of Heaven, visiting with loved ones. You'll be walking along one day with those who have gone on before and someone will say "That's where Moses lives." Or "Look, there goes Abraham, Isaac and Jacob." You'll want to set down and talk with those saints of old.


Then you'll meet up with the angels and sing songs of such grandeur and beauty that it would take your breath away. I can imagine love, laughter, joy, peace, contentment. But I think most of all, no matter what you see or do in Heaven, about every 5 minutes you will be running back to Jesus just to get a quick hug or just to talk with Him. I think you will be like a little kid full of excitement.


It will be a wonderful time of rejoicing. We will never grow old; our ailments will be gone and we will spend eternity in the arms of our Saviour.

5 comments:

annie said...

What a lovely post! :)Made me think.

Joyful said...

Lovely post. I've often though about Heaven and tried to imagine it but I admit I cannot begin to fathom what is really there for us.

Breathing In Grace said...

Beautiful!

doodles n daydreams said...

Wonderful and heartwarming.

Diana

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Your post is like a warm and sweet hug. Thank you.