2/14/18

A day in the life....

 I had a date day with myself yesterday. I've been pulled in so many directions here lately with lots going on and I just needed to spend some fun time with ME. 

My day started by grabbing a few books to exchange at McKay's. I just took a few back that I couldn't get into the story line. But it was enough to get me five new ones and still have .25 cents credit toward my next trip.



The next stop was at Four Seasons Vintage store.


I found my happy place when I saw all this Pyrex. Two problems with this display. Anything on it that goes with my sets I already have and the prices were a little on the high side. But I do enjoy looking.


Next, I stopped at Duck Donuts to try them all. I got the cinnamon sugar. Was not a big fan. The cake donut was too doughy and they put your topping on hot so the cinnamon sugar just melted on it and made it more soggy than a donut should be. I will try again though only with a chocolate frosting next time.



My next stop was Nostalgia where I normally find a lot of good stuff. 


I fell in love with these juice glasses from the year I was born, but I just don't ever pay $8 for a juice glass. 


Remember these Tupperware bottle cap tops for your soft drink bottles. I rarely buy glass bottles except in small size rootbeer, but I drink it all at one time so need for a lid. But it did bring back memories. 


I did find some awesome vintage fabric. But didn't get it because it didn't have a price and I didn't know what I would do with it if I did buy it. So I passed. I regret passing it up because I could have made vintage dish towels. I may go back and see if they still have it next week.  


I stopped at one of mine and hubby's favorite places we used to eat. It is Long's Drug Store in Knoxville and is an old drug store that's been around a long time. They still have the old style lunch counter as well as some chairs and tables. I had my usual....cheeseburger and fries.




My last stop was Bargain Hunters. They had some vintage dishes in several booths, but I just didn't find anything I wanted. I am looking for an old typewriter and they had one but it was not as old (or as cheap) as I was looking for. 




But I did finally find something I wanted. It was a vintage tablecloth for my kitchen. I have been looking for one exactly like this for several years. I couldn't believe when I found it. It is in great shape and was only $4.00. I snatched it up fast. 


But what made my day was this beautiful tea for one set that matches the new decor in my bedroom perfectly. Most tea for ones are around $25-$30 and in antique stores/flea markets they are about $18 - $24. So to find this perfect beauty in mint condition for $8 was well worth my trip. 


Came home and stopped at the store and snapped a picture of the beautiful sky which was a great ending to a perfect day. 


But it is back to normal today. Which means work and a rainy day. Have a great Wednesday.



1 comment:

Terri D said...

That is a beautiful sky!! Sounds like you had a great day and the teapot and tablecloth are great finds!!