2/16/18

Friday Foto Friends

It has been a crazy weather week here in East Tennessee. Pouring the rain all last weekend and Monday was more of the same with creeks rising and a few getting out of their banks, but thankfully no major flooding. This is the river behind where I work and it is normally not high at all. Fishermen can stand in it in their waders. But it was high and swift on Monday.


You can see it was close to come over the bank.


But Tuesday was a beautiful day filled with white clouds and sunshine.


There were a few moments where the sky got a little darker. It was only in the 40's - 50's so you still needed a jacket. But pretty nevertheless.


Yesterday was divine. Sunshine and blue skies. At one point it was 72°. It was windy as all get out but it was still a gorgeous day as I headed out to supper with three of my friends from church.


We went to dinner at Song & Hearth which is located in Dolly Parton's DreamMore Resort. They have a wonderful pool. It would be worth taking the grandkids to stay there just to they could spend the day in the water.


I just love this sitting area. The way they did that photo makes you feel like you could sit right down and have a conversation with Dolly. 


Of all the hallways we went down, this was my favorite. When you walk down it the slats on the wall make the scene of the train from Dollywood.


And when you come back the other direction, it actually says Dollywood. It was just too cool.


One hall has everyone of her albums on the wall.


It takes up the whole wall because there are two sections of albums.


I loved all the little cozy nooks where you could just relax. They told us that every night a 8:00 they have an area where kids can come and get read a bedtime story. They have live music each night. The guy that was singing last night was amazing.


This display houses a little chest that contains some memorabilia and a song that Dolly wrote that no one has ever seen or heard. It is to be opened on her 100th birthday. That was kind of cool.


Now don't shoot me, but I didn't get any pictures of the food. First off, the way the buffet is set up all the food is covered so I would have had to open every item and take a picture. I'm not sure all the folks in line behind me would have appreciated that. And then when we got to the table, I was so hungry I forgot about taking pictures. But here was the menu.


I can tell you it was delicious. Of course a couple of my favorites were the baked potato bar with tons of toppings. And it goes without saying the dessert was to die for. Little miniature banana creme pies and chocolate brownies, peanut butter cookies, chocolate mousse, berry covered cheesecake and much more. They had it laid out neat. 


It was very spacey and entrees on one bar, veggies another, kids items another, etc. It made a lot of room for maneuvering around and not getting in anybodies way. 


Probably one of the cleanest and well kept buffet bars I have ever eaten at.


My friend, Nancy, who put the whole evening together told me she had something for me. Imagine my surprise when it turned out to be two matching depression glass sherbet cups. They have the parrot pattern on them. I researched and found out that pattern was only made in 1931 and 1932 in this color. I love them. 


Afterwards we sat outside on the rocking chairs and talked and laughed and had a great time. Thank you Nancy for telling about this and inviting us along. We had a blast.



3 comments:

Terri D said...

I keep telling Joe we need to visit Pidgeon Forge again one of these days. It's been years since we were there. This place looks so great!

Breathing In Grace said...

Yes crazy weather... And this morning it's cold! Brrr

Rachel said...

Looks great! I would love to eat there.